Client Success Superhero ($35K-$42K)
We’re Live Your Message — a digital branding agency and business training company who serves online entrepreneurs around the world.
Today I’m writing because I’m looking for that one, special, “needle-in-the-haystack” Client Success Superhero who can work full time alongside us in a fast-paced, technology-based growth company.
We have a commitment to excellence, impact and leading our industry and are looking for another A-level player to join us.
We’re looking for someone who is comfortable providing support in writing (via email, live chat and social media), on the phone, and face-to-face during live events.
Here’s what a typical day might look like for you:
You’ll spend part of your time on LYM email, phone, live chat, social media & support desk “front lines”, making sure our students and followers are looked after, feel special and have everything they need to keep making progress.
They will need some basic tech support from time to time. (“Reboot your computer, clear your browser cache, here’s your password, here’s how you purchase”), so you’ll need to know your way around your computer and be functionally technical.
You will be making phone calls to our students to help with logistics, planning and answering questions about our programs…
Additional responsibilities includes:
- Virtual event support to moderate webinars, then format and post video recordings
- Live event support to handle set-up, registration and other needs
- Technical support
- Follow up calls and direct contact with our community
- Admin and project management support
- Posting content to membership sites, websites and social media platforms
- Proof-reading content
- Testing of forms, applications, processes and systems
- Internet research
- Support other teammates and projects as necessary
- Runs offsite (with mileage paid at IRS recommended rate)
What to expect as a teammate of Live Your Message:
- You’ll never be penalized for taking initiative to solve a customer problem or to fix a systems issue that you identify.
- You’ll have a caring team leader who’ll be your central point of contact for training and support.
- You’ll be part of a hard-working and amazing team who are dedicated to making a difference in this world and truly enjoy what they do… and have fun along the way too!
- You’ll be supported with practical information and systems that set you up for success.
- Opportunities to learn and grow; personally and professionally with training courses and mentorship.
- Compensation $35K-$42K/yr (which includes overtime during our live events)
- Great opportunities for advancement
What we’re looking for in an ideal team-mate:
- You totally get our vision & mission and embody what we’re creating in the world.
- You LOVE interacting with people and truly care about their needs.
- You’ve got an easy going “can-do” attitude.
- You are able to juggle lots of projects and tasks without dropping the ball on anything.
- You take action to solve problems effectively and efficiently – upward thinking.
- You’re detail-oriented and understand how to create the structures and systems you need to do your job effectively.
- You know how to address complaints and diffuse tension by responding to the deeper need beneath the surface issue.
- You have a clear sense of boundaries, knowing when to accommodate a request and how to hold your ground while making the other person feel acknowledged.
- You have impeccable written and verbal communication skills (a Bachelor’s Degree is a must).
- You thrive in a supporting role and don’t need to be the star of the show.
- You find fulfillment in taking care of people.
- You like getting things done and checking things off your list.
- You prefer joining a team to starting your own business. You are not looking for a part-time job to fund your entrepreneurial dream. You are looking for a stable, supportive context to freely give your gifts and talents and to find a company to grow with.
- We don’t subscribe to “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”, so we’d love you to always be on the look out for how we can improve.
- It’s important you’re willing to be flexible to the needs of the business. Some weeks will be quieter, requiring less time of you. But when we’re in “launch mode” for new products or “event mode,” it’s all hands on deck. Those weeks, we’ll need your support for longer and more unusual hours in some cases. This means occasional late nights and weekends with overtime paid accordingly.
- You’re Mac-savvy and know your way around computers, technology and the internet. You’re a self-reliant “let me figure it out” kind of person.
OK – so here’s the thing…
If you’re still reading — that means something important. It means that this position is calling out to you and that you should get in touch with us. We want to hear from you — and soon! (We’re hoping to fill this position by early April.)
Location: This is an in-person position — you’ll be coming into our office in Marina del Rey each day.
Hours: We’re looking for a full time employee — 40+ hours/week. This will increase during launches, events and special programs.
We host eight 3-4 day retreats each year, so travel, nights and weekend work is needed during these time periods. If you work a weekend, we will give you a day off the following week.
We also run a monthly Meetup series and may require your support one Monday night a month.
Benefits: We offer paid time off, an educational benefit, and are implementing a medical benefit program.
Things you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree (with strong written and communication skills).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (mainly Word and Excel).
- Mac and technology-savvy.
- A car in good working order for runs offsite (mileage paid at IRS rates).
- Ability to lift 30lbs for set up and take down at events.
- Availability to work nights and weekends as needed to prepare for events.
- Ability to travel, at times out of state.
- A cellphone.
- Accountability. You own it all the way down the line.
- The confidence to ask for help when you need it and for clarity when you don’t understand (we want you to win and will help you do it).
- A great attitude and sense of humor! We all get along, like to have some laughs and fun, and want you to fit right in.
- Basic Photoshop/ InDesign skills
- Helpdesk and CRM experience (we use Enchant and Infusionsoft)
How to Apply
Step 1: Since culture fit is a SUPER important part of this position, send us an email answering the following questions:
- If your closest friend were to describe you in 1 or 2 sentences, what would they say?
- What’s one thing you’re really excited about right now?
- What’s the number one thing that motivates you in life?
- Why do you want to be a part of our team?
- Why would you be absolutely perfect for this role?
- What is unique about you?
- What was your favorite job & why?
Step 2: Send your answers, along with your resume in an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Client Success Superhero.”
Step 3: If we think it could be a match, then we’ll proceed from there. Note that we spend a lot of time in the hiring process, since we invest a lot in each person we bring on to our team, so please don’t apply if you’re not seriously interested.
In addition to your salary, you will be encouraged to invest some of your own time to learn more about our business, our programs and our industry.
We’ll make suggestions on books to read, and give you access to training courses. In return, we ask for you to commit time and energy to growing into the role and as a professional.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Marisa & the LYM team