Online Marketing Manager for Tech Start-Up, Branding Agency & Business Training Company
Live Your Message is an industry-leading Online Branding Agency & Business Training Company with thousands of customers around the world. We turn entrepreneurs into online superheroes, so they can change the world from their living rooms. We work with emerging entrepreneurs, as well as 6, 7, 8 and 9-figure industry leaders.
We have doubled in size every year since we started in 2011 and are nearing the launch of our new SaaS start-up Heroik (a revolutionary new website building platform that combines beautiful design with conversion, which we are launching on May 1.)
We have products and services ranging from $19-97/month SaaS packages to $197-1997 online trainings to $10K-28K/year masterminds to $50K-150K branding and web design packages.
Up until now, the founders have taken the lead on all marketing efforts. Last year we brought in a full-time copywriter, and now it’s time to bring on a brilliant Online Marketing Manager to lead the marketing departments for Live Your Message and Heroik and grow our online marketing promotions and evergreen programs.
We are looking for someone with strong online marketing, funnel creation and sales conversion experience to create and evaluate online strategy options, create project proposals, project manage product launches, and execute powerfully with our copywriting, design and development team.
If you love looking for ways to build funnels, increase traffic, improve conversion rates, increase upsells and fill live events, we want to hear from you!
We are known for creating marketing that pushes the envelope with stunning design (produced by our in-house agency), a distinct creative voice, and bold ideas that challenge the status quo and “business as usual.” We’re also known for creating huge value, out-of-the-ordinary results, and an exceptional customer experience through everything we do from marketing to fulfillment.
If you’re an experienced online marketer who wants to use your skills to make a positive impact on the lives of people around the world, then this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced online marketing manager with a proven track record of managing online marketing campaigns that yield measurable results and ROI.
As our Online Marketing Manager, your primary responsibility will be to manage high-impact online marketing that generates leads (and new clients) from channels such as Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, SEM, paid media, affiliate marketing, list acquisition, and other online sources.
Our marketing brings entrepreneurial training and personal development to tens of thousands of entrepreneurs around the planet, so ideally you consider personal growth and self-responsibility a core value.
You have a love of taking full ownership of multiple projects at the same time and managing every step of the project to completion. You must be experienced at creating project plans for marketing campaigns, and then rolling up your sleeves for tactical execution.
Team management skills are a must as you lead outside vendors and other members of the marketing team to deliver results. Ideally, you enjoy developing new marketing ideas and campaigns.
- Take responsibility for creating, managing & executing all online marketing campaigns. You’ll develop and manage marketing plans. and promotions, and contribute to the messaging for our range of products and services (from live events to software).
- Manage and grow evergreen campaigns leading into our products.
- Manage lead generation activities with a goal to send 10 qualified leads to the sales team weekly.
- Measure and track affiliate and partner relationships to generate indirect sales through their promotion of our products and vice versa.
- Be responsible for generating online leads. Create and execute project plans that support our overall lead generation and tribe-building strategy by increasing our online presence and client engagement through: the increase of client engagement on several key social media platforms, the optimization of microsites, and the distribution of high-value article and video content.
- Manage outside vendors/agencies that specialize in lead generation as needed.
- Develop new ideas to generate leads online.
- Develop strategies to promote live events and Meetups.
- Experienced marketer with substantial experience managing online marketing campaigns/projects with a proven track record (minimum 3-5 years) of online marketing results. You have hands-on experience with mid-6-to-7-figure online launches and marketing funnels including knowledge and experience with email marketing, list building, online sales, landing pages, paid media, conversion techniques and progressive up-selling of online customers as trust is built.
- Proven track record for consistent lead generation and sales conversion.
- At least 2 years experience managing virtual teams, projects and outside vendors. You have a reputation for keeping everyone on track. Proven project management and planning skills with the ability to oversee and implement multiple marketing campaigns simultaneously that have critical event timelines.
- Experience in overseeing the design and implementation of online marketing technologies including web site development, shopping carts and CRM system, drip marketing and performance measurement of same.
- Track record in increasing conversion rates with A-B split testing, proposed KPIs and other techniques to constantly monitor, test and improve sales results.
- Experience with Infusionsoft or similar CRM a plus.
- Experience working with third parties is required, including sponsor and affiliate marketing programs through other people’s lists; additionally, experience with channel/business development via other distribution channels would be ideal.
- Have an execution focus and can drive projects to results.
- Is able to create systems and procedures, and then optimize and document them along the way.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time with multiple team members.
- Results oriented: is super excited & motivated by marketing that attracts new clients that we can serve well.
- Good at managing creative projects with lots of copy or design (such as sales pages, landing pages, web sites, design of ebooks, etc), truly understanding how to optimize copy and design to produce results (direct response marketing).
- Savvy about social media marketing strategies that engage and attract leads.
- Want to work in a positive team environment with an organization.
- Adaptable: works well in an environment that is changing & evolving. You are flexible. You recognize that priorities can change.
- Deeply passionate about using their experience to create a positive difference in the world (not just holding down a job or marketing a widget you’re not really interested in).
- You love looking at the numbers and possess strong analytical abilities to identify niches, define best customers, create strong messaging and implement campaigns to penetrate various market niches. You understand the power of results and tracking. Results-focused and love learning and testing new online marketing strategies.
- You have your finger on the pulse. Everyone comes to you to hear and learn about the latest marketing trends.
- Detailed-oriented. Things don’t get by you. You can keep people / projects on time, no matter what.
- Superb communicator, both in talking with team members and in writing.
- Professional demeanor as a representative of our company.
- People like working with you. Motivator of people and vendors.
- You are a team player and want to work for a company with a purpose.
We’re fully-expressed: we say what we mean and we mean what we say.
We’re honest and we don’t hide or hold back for fear of making a mistake, looking bad or being wrong. We’re willing to express with full authenticity what others aren’t.
We’re leaders: we seek out and foster collaboration, community, relationship and engagement roles in our personal lives and in our business lives because we know that we can go further together than we can alone.
We’re curious, both about people and technology: we don’t do things the same way that everyone else does. We take risks, challenge ourselves to produce at higher levels, solve bigger problems, and make a bigger impact. We ask questions so we can keep growing, keep getting better and we helping more people.
We’re generous, respectful & appreciative: we’re thankful for our opportunities, we give credit away and we’re helpful without expecting anything in return. We listen actively to each other and to clients, people feel better for having met us and we leave people better than when we found them.
We’re all in and we do what it takes: we believe that individual commitment, accountability and personal responsibility are essential to growing a dynamic and productive team that continues to lead the industry, drive innovation and serve our customers in the deepest possible way. We do what we say we’re going to do when we say we’re going to do it and take responsibility for our success.
We have fun: we believe that fun is an essential part in staying fresh, focused and at the forefront of our industry.
Our studio overlooks the ocean in beautiful Marina del Rey, CA, and is walking distance to Abbot Kinney (restaurant & shopping district) and Venice, we’re surrounded by a vibrant creative scene of artists, surfers, hikers, climbers, bikers, yogis, hippies, and everyone in between.
Our close proximity to the ocean, the mountains, and LA’s vibrant creative scene fuels our desire for a balanced lifestyle of inspiration, nature & technology.
We prefer someone who can work from our local Marina del Rey office, but are open to a virtual work-from-home position (with some travel) for the right candidate.
Ideal location of this role will be at our offices in Marina del Rey, CA, though we are willing to consider a virtual, work-from-home candidate who brings extraordinary experience to the table.
Health Insurance — We pay 50% of your monthly health insurance from our selected group plan.
Paid Holidays – We offer up to 5 weeks (25 days) of paid holidays, sick days and vacation days each year to committed LYMers!
Professional Development Education Budget — The marketing manager will receive an annual budget of $3000 for professional development education related to their role.
Hours & Compensation — This is a full-time role (40 hours/week) requiring a long-term commitment with availability Monday through Friday. Work on evenings and weekends will be required from time to time in order to meet deadlines, particularly around online product launches and/or live events.
Educational Budget — We set aside Professional Development Educational Funds for each full time team member to further your career growth within our team. It might be books, courses or organizational memberships that help you develop into the team member you want to be.
Compensation — We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with anticipated duties and experience.
How to Apply
Step 1: Since culture fit is a SUPER important part of this position, send us an email answering the following questions:
- If your closest friend were to describe you in 1 or 2 sentences, what would they say?
- What’s one thing you’re really excited about right now?
- Why do you want to be a part of our team (be specific)?
- What unique thing can you contribute to this team?
- What was your favorite job & why?
- What are the top 3 websites or publications you go to for regular online marketing inspiration?
- What is your favorite book about marketing?
Step 2: Send your answers, along with your resume in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Online Marketing Manager”.
In addition to your salary, you will be encouraged to invest some of your own time to learn more about our business, our programs and our industry. We’ll also support you in furthering your understanding of our business space with book recommendations, and access to training courses.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Marisa & the LYM team