WANTED: Community Manager & Content Writer
Salary Range: $55K-$60K per year
We’re Live Your Message and we’re looking for a needle-in-the-haystack Community Manager & Content Writer to support our growing portfolio of coaching and online education programs.
We’re a high-touch company with a deep commitment to student engagement and results and we’re looking for someone who knows how to LOVE, challenge, engage and motivate people…
The kind of person who is always on social media, starting conversations and rooting people on.
The kind of person with MASSIVE HEART who will quickly know our students by name and understand exactly how they’re winning, what they’re struggling with and how to give the right encouragement at the right time without supporting disempowering stories.
We’re looking for someone who will:
- Be the first point of contact for our premium clients, giving them a private 1:1 welcome call to onboard them,
- Reach out to students individually throughout the year to ensure they have all of their needs met, talking them through challenges and helping them get back on track in their “freak out” moments when they want to run away, hide out, or leave the program because they’re outside of their comfort zone and sh#t just real for them
- Manage our online communities and keeping them engaged, informed, and hot dawg excited about their next steps
- Get creative with writing fun and attention grabbing emails to our program participants daily
- Have great organisational skills and be able to schedule email and social media content in advance as well as respond to in the moment demands
- Support other teammates and projects as necessary
You’ll be a key team member supporting our fulfillment department in retaining students through your communications and re-enrolling them into other programs. Your role will work closely with our Customer Success Department and our Coaching Team.
You’ll be a hub of information and students and team will look to as a “go-to” resource.
Essential Qualities & Skills:
The ideal candidate has 2-3 years of hands-on experience as a Community Manager and Content Writer and will possess the following skills:
- Strong content/copywriting abilities and verbal communication skills (Speaks English at an idiomatic level)
- Eye for images and design, so you can manage both the visual and written part of our social channels (with help from our in-house design team as needed)
- Ability to multitask and juggle priorities
- Mastery of Google Suite and hands-on experience with social media management across most or all channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube)
- Extensive knowledge of online marketing, engagement strategies, website traffic and tracking engagement metrics
- Tech savvy, resourceful and the ability to “figure things out”
- Strong work ethic and standards. Details matter to you. Results matter to you.
- Available to work during “normal business hours” (approximately 9am to 6pm Pacific time, give or take two hours) regardless of the time zone you live in
You need to have a strong foundation in personal development, coaching and an understanding of business, marketing and sales. For you growth is a way of life. You love attending seminars, taking online classes, learning and experiencing new things on your own time…
While this is not a marketing or sales position, we believe that marketing is the process of creating the attitudes, beliefs and conditions people need to say yes to themselves. Because of that, marketing doesn’t stop once someone enters our programs. Marketing continues through their entire journey with us as we continue to re-enroll students in themselves, the mission of the program and the commitment they made to their highest potential.
The personal development and coaching skills will come in handy as our students face their biggest fears and doubts on their journey to the business they were meant to build. This journey can bring up a mixed bag of emotions, fears, judgments, projections and concerns and you need to be able to remain grounded, loving and supportive in the face of the good, the bad and the ugly without taking it on. You also need to understand the difference between being nice (aka telling people what they want to hear) and being kind (aka telling people what they need to hear in a way that they can receive.
You need to be comfortable being fully authentic and yourself (while we’re looking for an ambassador, we’re not looking for an automaton), while staying on-brand and on-message. Check out the Live Your Message brand voice statement at the bottom of this post…
This position is for you if:
- are a strong writer and understand the nuances of communicating in a companies brand voice
- helping people is your absolute favorite thing to do
- you’re the kind of person who can go up to anyone anywhere and strike up a meaningful conversation — you’re comfortable with all kinds of people from different cultures, belief systems and levels of self-awareness
- you’re always on social media and love starting conversations there, seeing what people are up to and cheering them on
- you have strong boundaries and know how to guide people with love without letting them walk all over you – i.e. you know when to be compassionate and how to hold your ground
- you can handle a WIDE range of emotions and are comfortable holding space for both HUGE success and massive failure
- you understand that everyone is doing the best they can with what they have and don’t take things personally
- you have a flexible schedule and you can respond to students when they need you (or set up calls when they’re available)
- you understand that the internet never sleeps and can handle pings coming at you at all hours and across multiple channels without dropping your priorities or losing life/work balance
- you’re consistent and understand that relationships and community-building require responsiveness and reliability, you know how to manage tasks on a daily basis
- you notice the tone of a community and can anticipate and address challenges before they turn into real problems
- you can take feedback and criticism both from students and the team in stride and use that to make your work even better
- you know how to take ownership and responsibility for problems without becoming overly apologetic or losing your power
- you’re a leader of people, projects and things
- you’re knowledgeable about online business and understand what it takes to be an entrepreneur
- you have A+ written and verbal communication skills and strive for excellence in every conversation you have and every post you write
- you have a playful sense of humor and don’t take things too seriously
- you know your way around using and creating gifs, jpgs, memes, emojis and videos
Who We Help:
We work with entrepreneurs like:
- Michael Hancox who leads an 8-figure environmental consulting firm devoted to transcending finite natural resources with infinite human potential
- Mellissa Seaman a business shaman who coaches Silicon Valley executives to open their genius channel and become creative on demand
- Dr. Isaac Jones who helps entrepreneurs achieve optimal health and consistent high performance
- Dawn Thompson who is spearheading a movement to improve maternity care around the world
- Jesse Krieger who founded Lifestyle Entrepreneurs Press to publish and launch bestselling authors, and
- Iris Huebler who helps farmers grow nutritionally-rich food and consumers find foods that are actually healthy
Those are just a few of the purpose-driven entrepreneurs that we personally mentor, train and brand so they can get their amazing thought leadership out to the world.
We’re looking for someone to work full time and is interested in a 3-5 year commitment, not just someone looking for a “side gig” to keep them afloat as they pursue their real passion.
Remuneration is $55-$60k depending on experience and communication ability. Role is 100% virtual (though if you’re local, you’re invited to work from our offices in Topanga Canyon, California once or twice a week (when COVID restrictions are lifted ) with some opportunities to travel to the LA area to support events.
How to Apply:
Email email@example.com (using the subject line: I’m Your Community Manager & Content Writer!) a cover note that shows your personality, your writing chops and why you would LOVE for us to interview you for this role, and embed a gif that represents YOU. Demonstrate that you’ve done a little research into our brand and you know what we’re all about by sharing what most interests you about our approach.
If we like what we see, we’ll ask you to upload a 5-7 minute video to YouTube that shares:
1) How would you celebrate someone who just had the biggest win of their lives?
2) How would you hold space for someone who just poured their heart and soul into launching a product and didn’t get any sales?
3) How would you hold space for someone who is in deep personal crisis or emotional freak-out and wants to give up on their business or their commitment to one of our programs?
4) Describe the most challenging experience you’ve ever had in your life and how you got through it.
5) What has been your biggest win or personal success?
6) What’s your favorite social platform and why? How do you use it?
7) Who you follow online and why?
8) Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
Our Brand Voice Statement:
The Live Your Message voice is unmistakable in a market full of talking heads, copycats and surface-level communicators.
We’re never boring. We dare to be creative, playful, smart, provocative and vulnerable all at the same time.
We express a deeper truth that goes beyond the so-called business topics we’re actually talking about. We do that by bringing story, metaphor, word play, self-expression and a deep poetic sensibility to topics that are normally taught at the level of the mind. By bringing art, design and a love of language into our expression, we spark breakthroughs, insights and inspiration.
We’re willing to push the envelope of what’s accepted or appropriate. We believe business doesn’t have to look, feel or sound a specific way. By practicing full self-expression, we give others permission to express and ultimately be themselves more fully. We’re willing to take a stand for our beliefs… and our student’s success, even when it’s controversial or unpopular.
Our voice conveys power and strength while remaining curious and humble. We know what we know and what we don’t know and recognize that there’s always more to learn and ways to grow.
We’re direct and strong, while being authentic rather than hypey — it’s more like let me give you the real deal, let me tell you the honest truth that others may not be telling you. We avoid fear-mongering, huge unsubstantiated claims and overt exaggeration.
We recognize that business is one of the greatest forces for personal development and change on the planet. We understand this can bring up a mixed bag of emotions, fears, judgments, projections and concerns. We embrace the good, the bad and the ugly. We don’t try to sweep things under the rug or pretend they don’t exist.
Because we know this work can be challenging and we understand the courage and commitment it requires, we infuse our voice with caring, compassion and acceptance. We strive to leave everyone better than we found them.
At the same time, we believe that every person has limitless potential when they align their business with who they really are and what they really want… and we’re willing to challenge the beliefs and assumptions that hold people back.
We encourage our tribe to take full personal responsibility for their success. To shift from being a victim to becoming a creator of their lives. Because of that our work can be challenging, deeply emotional and ultimately revelatory. We’re not for the faint of heart. We’re for people who are willing to “go there,” be all in, and do business for real. ®
In order to do that, we need to practice what we preach. We’re not content to simply do business as usual, we want to embody our beliefs and lead the way to a new paradigm of experience marketing and business.
That’s how you become a superhero to your tribe… and change the world from your living room.