< See all open positions at LYM
WANTED: Customer Support Superhero
We’re Live Your Message — a digital branding agency and business training company who serves online entrepreneurs around the world.
Our Mission is to turn everyday entrepreneurs into Online Superheroes, and we’re looking for a dedicated and reliable supporter to join our team and become our next Client Success Superhero.
What we’re looking for:
- You resonate with our mission and want to help
- You have impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- You LOVE interacting with people and truly care about their needs
- You’ve got an easy-going, positive, “can-do” attitude
- You are able to juggle lots of projects and tasks without dropping the ball on anything
- You take action to solve problems effectively and efficiently –- upward thinking
- You’re detail-oriented and understand how to create the structures and systems you need to do your job effectively
- You know how to address complaints and diffuse tension by responding to the deeper need beneath the surface issue
- You have a clear sense of boundaries, knowing when to accommodate a request and how to hold your ground while -making the other person feel acknowledged
- You thrive in a supporting role and don’t need to be the star of the show
- You find fulfillment in taking care of people
- You like getting things done and checking things off your list
- You’re not afraid of hard work and are willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- You prefer joining a team to starting your own business. You aren’t looking for a part-time job to fund your entrepreneurial dream. You are looking for a stable, supportive context to freely give your gifts and talents and to find a company to grow with
- You prefer a virtual working environment
Things you’ll be doing:
You’ll spend part of your time on LYM email, phone, live chat, social media and support desk “front lines”, making sure our students, prospects, and community members are looked after, feel special and have everything they need to keep making progress. This is where you make the smiles happen!
The students will need some basic tech support from time to time. (“Reboot your computer, clear your browser cache, here’s your password, here’s how you purchase”), so you’ll need to know your way around a computer and have solid technical skills. (CRM — particularly Infusionsoft — and customer account management experience is a huge bonus!)
And, since you’ll be a voice of Live Your Message, you’ll be doing all these sometimes-not-so-glamorous things from a place of service… ‘cause that’s how we roll around here. 🙂
(We have a pretty amazing tribe so supporting all these new friends will hardly feel like work.)
Additional responsibilities include:
- Support our tribe daily over phone, email, livechat, help desk, messenger and social media
- Student account management including supporting retention, accounts receivable and collections efforts
- Virtual event support to moderate webinars and livestreams, then format and post video recordings
- Live event support to handle set-up, registration and other needs (travel to LA is required at least 2-3 times a year)
- Follow up calls and direct contact with our community
- Admin and operations support, including project and file management
- Testing of forms, applications, processes and systems
- Internet research
- Support of other teammates and projects as necessary
Things you will need:
- Strong written & communication skills
- Proficiency with G-Suite (specifically docs, sheets, and forms)
- Availability to work nights and weekends as needed to prepare for events
- Ability to travel to California occasionally, if not locally based
- A cell phone
- Accountability. You own it all the way down the line
- The confidence to ask for help when you need it and for clarity when you don’t understand (we want you to win and will help you do it)
- Organization as a middle name (or at least a massive propensity for it)
- Ability to handle challenging situations with grace, empathy, and solid boundaries
- A great attitude and sense of humor! We all get along, like to have some laughs and fun, and want you to fit right in
- Skill with Slack and helpdesk software
- Infusionsoft experience
- Experience working with an online launch
What to expect as a teammate of Live Your Message:
- If you’re able to take initiative to solve a customer problem or fix an issue that you see, we’ll love you forever
- You’ll have a caring team leader who’ll be your central point of contact for training and support
- You’ll be part of a hard-working and amazing team who are dedicated to making a difference in this world and truly enjoy what they do… and have fun along the way too!
- You’ll be supported with practical information and systems that set you up for success
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally with training courses and mentorship
- Great opportunities for advancement (in customer service, events, marketing, programs, or sales – if you’re awesome, we want to give you room to grow!)
If you’re still reading… it means you should get in touch…
We want to hear from you — and soon — we’re filling this position NOW!
Location: Can be 100% virtual, or a hybrid with some time in our office in Topanga Canyon (LA area), California
Hours: We’re looking for a full time employee — 40+ hours/week. This will increase during launches, events and special programs.
Benefits: We offer paid time off, an educational benefit, and some medical benefits.
Compensation: $35K-$42K/yr (which includes overtime during our live events)
How to Apply
To apply for an interview, please submit the following:
- Write a written response (a paragraph or two) for each of the following 5 questions.
- If your closest friend were to describe you, what would they say?
- What are you passionate about?
- Have any weird or cool habits or quirks?
- Why do you want to be a part of our team?
- Why would you be absolutely perfect for this role?
Note that we’ll be scheduling interviews based on the quality of your writing — so make it fun, engaging, and full of personality. We want to know who you are.
Email your application into email@example.com with the subject line “Customer Support Superhero.”
If we think it could be a match, we’ll take it from there!
There will be plenty of opportunities for advancement so only apply if you’re interested in sticking around and growing with us.
If you’re curious who you’ll be working for and spending time with check us out at LiveYourMessage.com