< See all open positions at LYM
WANTED: Customer Support Superhero
Do you leap tall buildings with a single bound?
Or run faster than a speeding bullet?
No worries, neither do we but that doesn’t stop us from being superheros to our tribe!
We’re Live Your Message — a digital branding agency and business training company who serves online entrepreneurs around the world.
We’re looking for the best and the brightest to join our team and become our next Client Success Superhero.
(I bet you can already feel your cape blowing in the wind!)
Are you one smart and personable cookie looking for an opportunity to grow in a fun, fast paced environment?
If so, you may be just the person we’re looking for!
Here’s what a typical day might look like for you:
You’ll spend part of your time on LYM email, phone, live chat, social media and support desk “front lines”, making sure our students, prospects, and community members are looked after, feel special and have everything they need to keep making progress. This is where you make the smiles happen!
The students will need some basic tech support from time to time. (“Reboot your computer, clear your browser cache, here’s your password, here’s how you purchase”), so you’ll need to know your way around a computer and have solid technical skills. (CRM — particularly Infusionsoft — and customer account management experience is a huge bonus!)
And, since you’ll be a voice of Live Your Message, you’ll be doing all these sometimes-not-so-glamorous things from a place of service… ‘cause that’s how we roll around here. 🙂
(We have a pretty amazing tribe so supporting all these new friends will hardly feel like work.)
Additional responsibilities include:
- Support our tribe daily over phone, email, livechat, help desk, messenger and social media
- Student account management including supporting retention, accounts receivable and collections efforts
- Virtual event support to moderate webinars and livestreams, then format and post video recordings
- Live event support to handle set-up, registration and other needs (travel to LA is required at least 2-3 times a year)
- Follow up calls and direct contact with our community
- Admin and operations support, including project and file management
- Testing of forms, applications, processes and systems
- Internet research
- Support of other teammates and projects as necessary
What to expect as a teammate of Live Your Message:
- You’ll never be penalized for taking initiative to solve a customer problem or to fix a systems issue that you identify.
- You’ll have a caring team leader who’ll be your central point of contact for training and support.
- You’ll be part of a hard-working and amazing team who are dedicated to making a difference in this world and truly enjoy what they do… and have fun along the way too!
- You’ll be supported with practical information and systems that set you up for success.
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally with training courses and mentorship.
- Compensation $35K-$42K/yr (which includes overtime during our live events)
- Great opportunities for advancement (in customer service, events, marketing, programs, or sales – if you’re awesome, we want to give you room to grow!)
What we’re looking for in an ideal teammate:
- You totally get our vision & mission and embody what we’re creating in the world.
- You LOVE interacting with people and truly care about their needs.
- You’ve got an easy-going, positive, “can-do” attitude.
- You are able to juggle lots of projects and tasks without dropping the ball on anything.
- You take action to solve problems effectively and efficiently –- upward thinking.
- You’re detail-oriented and understand how to create the structures and systems you need to do your job effectively.
- You know how to address complaints and diffuse tension by responding to the deeper need beneath the surface issue.
- You have a clear sense of boundaries, knowing when to accommodate a request and how to hold your ground while making the other person feel acknowledged.
- You have impeccable written and verbal communication skills (a Bachelor’s Degree is a must).
- You thrive in a supporting role and don’t need to be the star of the show.
- You find fulfillment in taking care of people.
- You like getting things done and checking things off your list.
- You’re not afraid of hard work and are willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- You prefer joining a team to starting your own business. You are not looking for a part-time job to fund your entrepreneurial dream. You are looking for a stable, supportive context to freely give your gifts and talents and to find a company to grow with.
- We don’t subscribe to “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”, so we’d love you to always be on the lookout for how we can improve.
- It’s important that you’re willing to be flexible to the needs of the business. When we’re in “launch mode” for new products or “event mode,” it’s all hands on deck. Those weeks, we’ll need your support for longer and more unusual hours in some cases. This means late nights and weekends with overtime paid accordingly.
OK – so here’s the thing…
If you’re still reading — that means something important.
It means that this position is calling out to you and that you should get in touch with us!
We want to hear from you — and soon! (We’re hoping to fill this position by mid-May.)
Location: Can be virtual or a hybrid with some time in our office in Marina del Rey (LA area), California
Hours: We’re looking for a full time employee — 40+ hours/week. This will increase during launches, events and special programs.
Benefits: We offer paid time off, an educational benefit, and a medical benefits program.
Things you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree (with strong written and communication skills).
- Proficiency with G Suite (especially docs, sheets, and forms).
- Mac and technology-savvy.
- Availability to work nights and weekends as needed to prepare for events.
- Ability to travel to California occasionally, if not locally based.
- A cell phone.
- Accountability. You own it all the way down the line.
- The confidence to ask for help when you need it and for clarity when you don’t understand (we want you to win and will help you do it).
- Organization as a middle name (or at least a massive propensity for it).
- Ability to handle challenging situations with grace, empathy, and solid boundaries.
- A great attitude and sense of humor! We all get along, like to have some laughs and fun, and want you to fit right in.
- Helpdesk, Slack, live chat, and CRM experience (we use Enchant, PureChat and Infusionsoft)
How to Apply
To apply for an interview, please submit the following:
- Cover Letter
- Short Video (less than 5min, upload on youtube and send us the link) answering the following questions:
- If your closest friend were to describe you in 1 or 2 sentences, what would they say?
- What’s one thing you’re really excited about right now?
- What’s the number one thing that motivates you in life?
- Why do you want to be a part of our team?
- Why would you be absolutely perfect for this role?
Email your application into email@example.com with the subject line “Customer Support Superhero.”
If we think it could be a match, we’ll take it from there!
NOTE (important stuff here!): We invest a lot in each person we bring on to our team so please only apply if you’re seriously interested.
There will be plenty of opportunities for advancement so only apply if you’re interested in sticking around and growing with us.
A little about us…
If you’re curious who you’ll be working for and spending time with check us out at LiveYourMessage.com