Imagine being a leader in the team behind some of the most creative online marketing and digital product launches. Partnering with the top business and internet marketing minds on the planet. And knowing that the work you do was empowering thousands of emerging and established entrepreneurs to build the businesses that are changing our world.
We work with entrepreneurs like:
- Michael Hancox who leads a multi-7-figure environmental consulting firm devoted to transcending finite natural resources with infinite human potential
- Mellissa Seaman a business shaman who coaches Silicon Valley executives to open their genius channel and become creative on demand
- Dr. Isaac Jones who helps entrepreneurs achieve optimal health and consistent high performance
- Dawn Thompson who is spearheading a movement to improve maternity care around the world
- Jesse Krieger who founded Lifestyle Entrepreneurs Press to publish and launch bestselling authors
- and Iris Huebler who helps farmers grow nutritionally-rich food and consumers find foods that are actually healthy
Those are just a few of the entrepreneurs that we personally mentor, train and brand so they can get their amazing thought leadership out to the world.
Our company and our reach has been growing fast and we’re looking for an exceptional new team member to join us.
This is not your typical copywriting job. Our passionately engaged team works (mostly) virtually and collaborates vigorously.
The lifestyle design is flexible but the culture is fast-paced. We consider our work our “art” and strive for excellence in everything we do.
If inside you are saying “This sounds like exactly the challenge I am looking for!” please continue…
The role of Content Writer is incredibly important to growing our brand and we’re committed to making sure that 50% of the content we send to our list is value that complements our promotional content.
Your initial assignment will involve writing a month of email, blog, video and social media content as a trial run with the team. You will be greatly supported by your senior leaders, as well as an incredible launch team — but must have experience writing digital marketing content — ideally in the online business or personal development space. Bonus points if you know how to find a high-quality expressionistic image to match your content.
You are the ninja we are looking for if…
- Have significant writing experience.
- You’re a brilliant creative who understands how to find the “what’s in it for me” factor in each piece of content and create compelling calls to action that drive opens, clicks and comments while staying authentic and true to the Live Your Message voice and brand (see below).
- You know how to leverage story, drama, curiosity, open loops, metaphor, word play and the 5 senses to quickly draw people in to our content and keep them reading or watching.
- You have weird, almost obsessed love for quality internet-based content and can quickly sniff out good vs bad content.
- You love the business training, personal growth and development industry and want to make a positive impact on the world through the work that you do.
- You have a data-driven approach and seek to optimize your content based on the metrics.
- You are tech savvy, can find your way around anything online and have mastered GoogleDocs, understand SEO and Project Management systems and love to find more efficient ways to stay organized and get your work done.
- You are a confident, resourceful and highly motivated self-starter who can work independently and don’t require someone looking over your shoulder all day.
- You thrive on problem-solving and have excellent team collaboration and communication skills.
- You have high standards for your work. Details matter to you. Results matter to you. Excellence matters to you.
- You are invigorated by the constant change of a high-growth organization with bold and audacious goals.
What you will do:
- You will contribute to our world-class brand by maintaining a distinct voice in all our content, marketing and communications.
- You will maintain a consistent content creation schedule that includes email, blog, video and social media.
- You will plan, manage and meet all writing deadlines on a daily and weekly basis.
- You will maintain well-organized and labelled files inside GoogleDocs of all project assets.
- You will review open rates, clickthrough rates, engagement rates, opt-in rates, purchase rates and other relevant stats on a weekly basis and seek to optimize and improve conversions across the board.
The experience you need:
- 3+ years writing digital content for the internet, ideally in a business context.
- 5+ years writing.
It’s super important that you can capture our voice consistently.
The Live Your Message voice is unmistakable in a market full of talking heads, copycats and surface-level communicators.
We’re never boring. We dare to be creative, playful, smart, provocative and vulnerable all at the same time.
We express a deeper truth that goes beyond the so-called business topics we’re actually talking about. We do that by bringing story, metaphor, word play, self-expression and a deep poetic sensibility to topics that are normally taught at the level of the mind. By bringing art, design and a love of language into our expression, we spark breakthroughs, insights and inspiration.
We’re willing to push the envelope of what’s accepted or appropriate. We believe business doesn’t have to look, feel or sound a specific way. By practicing full self-expression, we give others permission to express and ultimately be themselves more fully. We’re willing to take a stand for our beliefs… and our student’s success, even when it’s controversial or unpopular.
Our voice conveys power and strength while remaining curious and humble. We know what we know and what we don’t know and recognize that there’s always more to learn and ways to grow.
We recognize that business is one of the greatest forces for personal development and change on the planet. We understand this can bring up a mixed bag of emotions, fears, judgments, projections and concerns. We embrace the good, the bad and the ugly. We don’t try to sweep things under the rug or pretend they don’t exist.
Because we know this work can be challenging and we understand the courage and commitment it requires, we infuse our voice with caring, compassion and acceptance. We strive to leave everyone better than we found them.
At the same time, we believe that every person has limitless potential when they align their business with who they really are and what they really want… and we’re willing to challenge the beliefs and assumptions that hold people back.
We encourage our tribe to take full personal responsibility for their success. To shift from being a victim to becoming a creator of their lives. Because of that our work can be challenging, deeply emotional and ultimately revelatory. We’re not for the faint of heart. We’re for people who are willing to “go there,” be all in, and do business for real.
In order to do that, we need to practice what we preach. We’re not content to simply do business as usual, we want to embody our beliefs and lead the way to a new paradigm of experience marketing and business.
That’s how you become a superhero to your tribe… and change the world from your living room.
Please only apply if you’re 100% positive that you can consistently capture the feeling, tone and spirit of our voice.
Compensation: BETTER than competitive with unlimited growth opportunities, PLUS a unique work environment that includes access to world-class training — and a family of people to welcome you with open arms.
NOTE: NINJAS ONLY.
Please do not apply for this position unless you are certain you are an awesome Digital Content Writer, proven by a track record of documented and verifiable results with glowing references who are excited to talk with us.
This is a highly coveted position and we will only settle for an A+ player.
If this describes you then we excitedly invite you to submit an initial inquiry with your resume, cover letter and writing samples for this position to email@example.com, subject: Digital Content Writer Wanted