< See all open positions at LYM
Digital Marketing Assistant
Live Your Message (www.liveyourmessage.com) is a Los Angeles/Marina Del Rey, CA company looking for an awesome Digital Marketing Assistant who is highly motivated, detail-oriented, and wants to make an impact and difference in the world.
If you’re brilliant at Marketing, you live and breathe the internet, and you want to work for a company with a purpose, then we want to hear from you!
About the Company
Live Your Message is an industry-leading Online Branding Agency & Business Training Company with thousands of customers around the world. We turn entrepreneurs into online superheroes, so they can change the world from their living rooms. We work with emerging entrepreneurs, as well as 7, 8 and 9-figure industry leaders.
We are known for creating marketing that pushes the envelope with stunning design (produced by our in-house agency), a distinct creative voice, and bold ideas that challenge the status quo and “business as usual.” We’re also known for creating huge value, out-of-the-ordinary results, and an exceptional customer experience through everything we do from marketing to fulfillment.
We’ve grown fast since we first started in 2011, doubling in size almost every year, and have just launched our new SaaS start-up Heroic (a revolutionary new website building platform that combines beautiful design with conversion).
LYM HQ is up in the beautiful Santa Monica mountains, within easy reach of Santa Monica & Venice, the beaches, and Los Angeles downtown.
We are looking for someone to work full time in our HQ.
We’re Looking For The Perfect Fit:
The ideal candidate has 2-5 years of hands-on marketing experience and will possess the following traits:
- Ability to schedule and manage complex multi-person projects, ensuring on-time delivery
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks independently and see them through to completion
- Strong copywriting abilities (writing emails to clients, proofreading/editing)
- A strong detail orientation
- Eye for design (input to create e-book covers, websites, etc.)
- Ability to take direction
- Can-do attitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Ability to read, interpret and make recommendations based on statistics and analytical data
- Prior experience as a marketing assistant
- Content creation experience
- Tech savvy, resourcefulness and the ability to “figure things out”
- Be available to work during “normal business hours” (approximately 9am to 6pm Pacific time,) regardless of the time zone you live in.
Hours and Compensation
- 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday with longer hours during product launches and live and virtual events
- Compensation is $40-50K/year depending on your qualifications and experience
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick days, training and medical benefits
Note: Italics indicates experience required.
- Marketing and Project Management
- Manage multiple campaigns, projects, and individuals to execute seamless promotions prepared well in advance
- Create and coordinate day-to-day activities for complex inter-related production calendars, tracking milestone progress and motivating team members to meet commitments
- Execute changes on-the-fly when conditions dictate last-minute strategic and tactical changes, managing inputs from multiple individuals to hit deadlines
- Marketing Communications
- Manage marketing calendar and coordinate/execute multiple marketing communications daily: emails, social media, chat, and video
- Recommend additional marketing opportunities
- Provide input into strategies and tactics pursued
- Social / Earned Media
- Develop and execute social media posting plan
- Identify gaps and opportunities in our social strategy
- Paid Media (FB, Search, GDN, LinkedIn)
- Manual campaign support (monitoring ROI, turning campaigns on/off).
- Run reports
- Ad trafficking
- Off-Page SEO
- Coordinate link-publicity efforts with Partner Marketing lead
- Research new avenues of content distribution
- Link opportunity analysis
- Run and distribute reporting
- Interpret analytics to provide recommendations
- ROI analysis and active monitoring for red flags
- Create a marketing taxonomy
- Generate custom campaign URLs
- Meetups – Execute Strategy Developed by Marketing Director
- Post in Meetup to welcome and engage members
- Support live events
- Execute communications strategy – schedule emails and social media posts
- Source new sponsors for events
How to Apply
Step 1: Since culture fit is a SUPER important part of this position, send us an email answering the following questions in writing or on video:
- If your closest friend were to describe you in 1 or 2 sentences, what would they say?
- What’s the number one thing that motivates you in life?
- Why do you want to be a part of our team?
- Why would you be absolutely perfect for this role? (Important, please include the word “stupendous” somewhere in this answer)
- What is one thing that most people don’t know about you?
- What was your favorite job & why?
- And finally, where did you first learn of this position?
Step 2: Send your answers, along with a cover letter, and your resume in an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Digital Marketing Superhero.”
Step 3: If we think it could be a match, then we’ll take it from there!
NOTE (important stuff here!): We invest a lot in each person we bring on to our team so please only apply if you’re seriously interested.
There will be plenty of opportunities for advancement, so only apply if you’re interested in sticking around and growing with us.
We look forward to getting to know you!