< See all open positions at LYM
WANTED: Direct Response Copywriter & Funnel Optimization Expert (remote position)
Do you obsess over writing the perfect sales page headline? Nerd out over all things online sales and digital marketing? Or get a weird tingling feeling (but not in an inappropriate way) when you see your email copy drive record open rates, clicks and sales?
If so, you may be our perfect fit… and vice versa. Huzzah!
We’re hiring an experienced Direct Response Copywriter to help us optimize our evergreen funnels. This is a creative role that’s inspired by data and research. Our ideal candidate has 5+ years of copywriting experience and can ideate original marketing hooks, messaging and calls to action that generates measurable results.
This is a full-time, virtual position, so you can work from home, a coffee shop or anywhere else you have access to high-speed wifi.
(This is NOT for people looking for part-time positions or consulting contracts. Please do not apply if you’re not interested in a full-time role.)
Who we are & what we do
At Live Your Message, our mission is to turn everyday entrepreneurs into online superheroes so they can change the world from their living room.
To find out more about us, go here: https://www.liveyourmessage.com/about-us
Our product spread includes everything from $7 starter trainings, 10-week online coaching programs and 3-day live events, all the way up to $15K one-on-one VIP days with our founder and in-depth, yearlong mentorship programs with the Live Your Message dream team.
But most importantly, we deeply care about our customers and pull out all the stops to ensure they’ll be successful with our products and programs.
Integrity and authenticity inform our business decisions, marketing and messaging.
And we consider our work our “art” and strive for excellence in everything we do.
Our star candidate…
The Copywriter role is incredibly important to our brand. Our star candidate:
- Has 5+ years of direct response copywriting experience, ideally for one or more online businesses.
- Has a data-driven approach and seeks to optimize copy based on the metrics. You’ve written squeeze pages, sales pages, email campaigns, video scripts and Facebook ad copy and have examples (and ideally, results) of each to show.
- Understands the online product launch space. Even though you’ll be mostly working on our evergreen funnels, you understand the periods of intensity (and extended hours) that can occur working in a launch-based environment.
- Has a passion for online marketing, entrepreneurship and personal growth. You follow industry leaders to see what they’re up to, strive to be your best each day and you want to make a positive impact on the world through the work that you do.
- Is a highly-motivated self-starter who thrives working remotely. You’re excited at the idea of working on a virtual team. You’re able to work independently, don’t require someone looking over your shoulder all day and don’t need daily face time in order to feel “filled up.”
- Will be able to nail our “voice” relatively quickly. In a market full of talking heads, copycats and surface-level communicators, we’re unmistakable and never boring. We dare to be creative, playful, smart, provocative and vulnerable all at the same time. You’ll need to be able to infuse story, metaphor and humor into your copy so that it connects, entertains, educates and converts.
- Is tech savvy. You’re super resourceful and can find your way around pretty much anything online. The idea of working with Google Docs, project management software, instant messenger and virtual meeting rooms doesn’t freak you out, and you’re confident you can learn new online systems if you need to.
And here’s something else that’s not required but would definitely be a bonus…
In the 7 years we’ve been in business, we’ve found that the people who are the best fit on our team are the ones who’ve owned their own business. And maybe this is you!
You’ve had a taste of what it’s like to work for yourself, and while you loved the experience, you’re ready to stop being an army of one. You long to be part of a super fun (and occasionally irreverent, mischievous and naughty) team you can collab and grow with.
And you’re tired of chasing down clients and living in feast or famine mode. You’re ready to laser focus in on ONE business that’ll pay you a steady stream of benjamins.
But most importantly, you come equipped with a strong entrepreneurial spirit, ready and willing to take full ownership of your role and the results you’re accountable for producing… and you’re adept at juggling competing priorities and coming out on top.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with our awesome Facebook ad agency to find out what’s working and where improvements need to be made in our array of evergreen funnels.
- Come up with ideas for how to improve our evergreen funnel pages and email campaigns — and work with our tech team to set-up split tests — so that they result in more leads and sales.
- Review survey responses, blog comments and other data to generate ideas for new lead magnets and products we can create that’ll help us grow our tribe and our bottom line.
- Work on other special projects as required, such as help out with additional copy for our live event and product launch funnels.
$65-75K per year depending on experience with results-based bonuses and unlimited growth opportunity… PLUS a unique work environment that includes access to world-class training — and a family of people to welcome you with open arms
Sound like a fit? We’d love to connect with you!
Please email us at email@example.com with “I got your Direct Response Copywriter right here!” as the subject line and include the following:
- Your resume
- Writing samples (or a link to your online portfolio)
Brownie points if you also include a short video (less than 5 min, upload on YouTube and send us the link) telling us a little bit about you, why you want to work for Live Your Message and ONE of the following:
- A funny story about you
- A stupid joke
- A major life challenge you overcame and what you learned from it
Thanks in advance, we look forward to hearing from you! 🙂