< See all open positions at LYM
We’re looking for a Fulfillment Manager to join our team
Do you leap tall buildings with a single bound?
Or run faster than a speeding bullet?
No worries neither do we, but that doesn’t stop us from being superheroes to our tribe!
About Live Your Message
We are a business training company specializing in helping online entrepreneurs create a business that is authentic and aligned with who they are, to empower them to turn up the dial on their “inner superhero,” so they can change the world from their living rooms.
In service of this mission, our team is behind some of the most creative online marketing and digital product launches and we partner with the top business & internet marketing minds on the planet.
Our company and our reach has been growing fast and we’re looking for an exceptional Fulfillment Manager to join us.
The role of Fulfillment Manager is responsible for making sure every piece of our programs get delivered as seamlessly as possible — our emails, our membership site, our Facebook groups, our virtual workshops, our live events, our coaching team, our retention and collections processes, and our customer support — so that our students have as much success as possible while maintaining their commitment to themselves, the program and to us.
Here’s what the role will look like for you:
- Lead with standards for excellence and be responsible for the fulfillment team results
- Make sure every piece of all of our programs get delivered as seamlessly as possible — emails, membership sites, social media communities, calls, recordings, mailouts, etc.
- Understand how to create community and engagement in programs and be highly attuned to the customer experience and how we can get more students to what we call “Mission Accomplished” — realizing the promise of the program and ultimately reinvesting with us
- Understand and embrace our innovative approach to gamified learning or what we call experiencification
- Watch program metrics on a weekly basis in terms of engagement, receivables, expenses and success and have a sixth sense for when things are off-track or “drifting” in a program and what to do about it
- Have good boundaries and ability to make good business decisions, isn’t emotionally swayed by individual feedback, but notices overall patterns or potential pitfalls
- Have high situational awareness, the ability to have the nose on the ground… at the same time seeing the bigger picture. Is able to see and balance business and people decisions
- With a cross-departmental view, collaborate and work with various internal groups. While helpdesk and direct customer support won’t be your primary responsibility, you will work closely with the Customer Success Team and Coaching Team and have some challenging tickets and concerns escalated up to you for resolution.
- Occasionally need to have re-enrollment or retention calls with premium-level clients or get on the phone to resolve a gnarly issue
- Be a hub of information as everyone will look to you as a “go-to” resource and cross-functional leader
- Oversee the management of our online communities alongside our Community Manager, keeping them engaged, informed and hot dawg excited about their next steps
- Manage admin and project management within the department
- Collect and manage our testimonials and success stories to support the marketing team with campaigns
- Have excellent writing skills and will oversee and proofread the attention grabbing emails, content to membership sites, websites and social media platforms to our program participants
- Influence at a high level and support other teammates and projects as necessary
- Understand that student retention and re-enrollment is driven by the quality of the team’s work
- You have impeccable written and verbal communication skills (a Bachelor’s Degree is a must)
- Experience working in an online education company and possess a growth mindset
- You’re an A-player looking for a fast-paced work environment where you’re surrounded by a team of high-performers that love what they do and who they do it for
- You LOVE interacting with people and truly care about their needs… You’re what we call a “go giver”
- You’ve got a positive, high-energy, easygoing, “can-do” attitude
- You are able to juggle lots of projects and tasks without dropping the ball on anything
- You take action to solve problems effectively and efficiently – upward thinking
- You’re detail-oriented and understand how to create the structures and systems you need to do your job effectively and independently
- You know how to address complaints and diffuse tension by responding to the deeper need beneath the surface issue
- You have a clear sense of boundaries, knowing when to accommodate a request and how to hold your ground while making the other person feel acknowledged
- You thrive in a supporting role and don’t need to be the star of the show
- You find fulfillment in taking care of people and processes without sweating the small stuff
- You’re a strategic big picture thinker and you like getting things done and checking things off your list
- You’re tech-savvy and know your way around computers, technology and the internet
- You’re a self-reliant “let me figure it out” kind of person
- You value variety and excitement over consistency and predictability
- You thrive on flexibility, possibility and self-discovery even if that means not knowing what to expect
- You prefer joining a team to starting your own business. You are not looking for a part-time job to fund your entrepreneurial dream. You are looking for a stable, supportive, long-term context to freely give your gifts and talents and to find a company to grow with.
- You’re an independent self-starter. Rather than waiting for someone to tell you what to do, you jump in and look for ways to give, serve and contribute. We don’t subscribe to “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”, so we’d love you to always be on the look out for how we can improve.
- Once the world gets back to normal, it’s important that you’re able to travel 30-40 days a year and be flexible to the needs of the business (15-20 of these days will be in the Los Angeles area).
- This is a 40-50 hour a week position. When we’re in “launch mode” for new products or “event mode,” it’s all hands on deck. Those weeks, we’ll need your support for longer and more unusual hours. This can mean late nights and weekends.
- We work hard and we play hard too. While there is lifestyle and location flexibility, you need to be responsive and responsible for getting your work done. You have to have the grit, resilience and vision to do what it takes to get your job done while creating the life and self-care you desire.
We’re looking for someone to work full time and is interested in a 2-3 year commitment, not just someone looking for a “side gig” to keep them afloat as they pursue their real passion.
This is a full-time position with benefits.
The role is also 100% virtual, but you need to be available to work during “normal business hours” (approximately 9am to 6pm Pacific time, give or take two hours) regardless of the time zone you live in.
What to expect as a teammate of Live Your Message
- You’ll never be penalized for taking initiative to solve a customer problem or to fix a systems issue that you identify.
- You’ll be part of a hard-working and amazing team who are dedicated to making a difference in this world through the people we serve and truly enjoy what they do… and have fun along the way too!
- You’ll be supported with practical information and systems that set you up for success.
- Opportunities to learn and grow; personally and professionally with training courses, mentorship, fun retreats and working team vacations
- A fun, gamified context for completing your goals, making suggestions and working together as team
- Great opportunities for advancement
If this position is calling out to you, we want to hear from you — and soon!
To apply for an interview, please submit the following:
Step 1: Since culture fit is a SUPER important part of this position, record a short video (less than 5 minutes) answering the following questions:
- If your closest friend were to describe you in 1 or 2 sentences, what would they say?
- What’s one thing you’re really excited about right now?
- What’s the number one thing that motivates you in life?
- Why do you want to be a part of our team?
- Why would you be absolutely perfect for this role?
Step 2: Upload the video to YouTube and email us the link, along with a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Superhero Fulfillment Manager.”
Step 3: If we think it could be a match, then we’ll take it from there!