< See all open positions at LYM
We’re Looking For A Full-Time Content & Social Media Writer
We’re Live Your Message and we help people with a big message for the world build a real business around their passion, their content and their unique voice.
We have a range of courses, programs and offers, all targeted to different levels of entrepreneur and skill, and we’re growing! We need YOUR help to grow this mission and take it to a wider audience of people who need to hear it.
We’re looking for a multi-faceted talent for this new role: a skilled & caring copywriter who loves creating engaging social media content that stands out from the crowd.
- You have 3+ years of content and copywriting experience, ideally for one or more online businesses in the online education, coaching or training industries
- You can ideate original and compelling marketing hooks, messaging and calls to action that generate measurable results
- Extensive knowledge of online marketing, engagement strategies, website traffic and tracking engagement metrics
- Eye for images and design, so you can manage both the visual and written part of our social channels (with help from our in-house design team as needed)
- You’ll nail our “voice” quickly. In a market full of talking heads, copycats and surface-level communicators, we’re unmistakable and never boring. We dare to be creative, playful, smart, provocative and vulnerable all at the same time. You’ll need to be able to infuse story, metaphor and humor into your copy so that it connects, entertains, educates and converts
- You’re tech savvy. You’re super resourceful and can find your way around pretty much anything online. The idea of working with Google Docs, project management software, social media tools, instant messenger and virtual meeting rooms doesn’t freak you out, and you’re confident you can learn new online systems if you need to
- Available to work during “normal business hours” (approximately 9am to 6pm Pacific time, give or take two hours) regardless of the time zone you live in
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with the CEO and marketing department to create messaging, hooks, angles and emails for our joint venture and internal email campaigns
- Write original blog posts, lead magnets, social media content and content emails on a weekly basis (this is your primary role)
- Contribute to other copy projects as needed and as time permits — this could include sales pages, opt-in pages, JV & affiliate launch materials, emails, whatever’s needed (this is your secondary role)
- Review survey responses, blog comments and other data to generate ideas for new lead magnets and micro-products we can create that’ll help us grow our tribe and our bottom line
- Ideate, strategize, schedule and manage complex social media engagement plan
- Regularly write emotional and engaging social media posts on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube to support various marketing initiatives & campaigns and spark meaningful conversations for our tribe (yes, you need to create conversational yet typo and mistake-free content, so that means incredible communication skills and an eagle eye for detail)
- Work with in-house graphic designer to create beautiful, engaging and on-brand graphics and images to accompany social posts
- Boost social media presence using proven social media strategies including (but not limited to) stories, contests, ads and Messenger bots
- Track and interpret website traffic and engagement metrics across all channels, strategizing and pivoting as needed to maximize our reach, impact and ROI on marketing initiatives
- Coordinate with Marketing and Customer Service teams to ensure brand consistency and excellent customer experience on all fronts
- Manage online reputation for all Live Your Message programs and brand
- Compensation is $60-70K/year depending on your qualifications and experience
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick days, training and medical benefits
About Live Your Message
We are a business training company specializing in helping online entrepreneurs create a business that is authentic and aligned with who they are, to empower them to turn up the dial on their “inner superhero”, so they can change the world from their living rooms.
In service of this mission, our team is behind some of the most creative online marketing and digital product launches and we partner with the top business & internet marketing minds on the planet.
… that most of the world’s problems can be solved through entrepreneurship.
… that when people are educated and empowered to step up and solve the important problems that call to them, great things can happen in the world.
That’s why it’s our mission over the next 10-20 years to equip 1 million people with the tools to step forward and build a business that expresses who they are so they can make a positive impact on the world.
The truth is that it can be lonely and hard to be an entrepreneur and we want to provide the strategy, support and inspiration for all those who choose this journey alongside us.
How to Apply:
Think you may be a great fit?
Please email us at email@example.com with the subject line “Content & Social Media Writer Wanted” with the following:
- Cover Letter
- Links to 2 writing samples
- 3 Social Media Post Writing Examples + Graphics for Each
Please write 3 emotional and engaging social media posts plus graphics for each, showing off your creativity, writing style, strategic mind and eye for design:
i. Promote the Experience Product Masterclass (our signature $1997 product): http://experienceproducts.com/ — How would you direct people to this product via all social channels?
ii. Write a post that could be used for “Mindset Monday” in our open Facebook Community — How would you start that conversation? Check out the Entrepreneur Mindset section of our blog for inspiration: https://www.liveyourmessage.com/entrepreneur-mindset
iii. Please watch this playlist of testimonials from our Experience Product Masterclass and pick ONE testimonial: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfPvBGbFw_8nYVzmqML8Q1WYd_FokDY2- — How would you write a “shout out” post congratulating ONE of these students on reaching their goals in the EPM Facebook Group?
If we think it feels like a fit, we’ll invite you to an interview with a member from our team.
We look forward to hearing from you!