< See all open positions at LYM
Wanted: Live Event Coordinator / Office Manager for Fast-Moving Online Business Training Company
Who We Are:
Live Your Message is an industry-leading Online Branding Agency and Business Training Organization seeking an experienced Live Event Coordinator / Office Manager to play a key role in developing, planning and executing our many live events per year, along with keeping our office in Marina del Rey functioning smoothly.
… that most of the world’s problems can be solved through entrepreneurship.
… that when people are educated and empowered to step up and solve the important problems that call to them, great things can happen in the world.
That’s why it’s our mission over the next 10-20 years to equip 1 million people with the tools to step forward and build a business that expresses who they are so they can make a positive impact on the world.
We have a pretty solid team of 5 right now, but we’re looking for another to support our expanding student community and our larger tribe. We want to make sure that everyone who joins us receives a super-high standard of support on their entreprenuerial journey.
The truth is that it can be lonely and hard to be an entrepreneur and we want to provide the strategy, support and inspiration for all those who choose this journey alongside us.
The Live Event Coordinator / Office Manager will work closely with the Program Delivery, Marketing and Operations Managers to:
- develop, plan and execute our 1 annual 350-person live event in Los Angeles, and 7 intimate student training events, making sure they are completed successfully completed on-time, on-brand and on-budget and on-brand
- create and maintain the infrastructure to grow and scale the company to the next level
Since a key company-wide objective for 2018 is creating a self-managing collaborative company, the Live Event Coordinator / Office Manager will be responsible for managing themselves while staying in close, regular communication with the key department heads and team members.
The Live Event Coordinator / Office Manager is a cross-departmental team member who plays a key role in multiple departments.
- Develop, plan and implement key team-building events (retreats, meetings, diners, parties, birthdays, Message to Money Live, Marisa’s speaking engagements, enrollment events)
- Organize gifts, bonuses, trainings and benefits for team members
- Coordinate HR, payroll, team members, vacation time, contracts and insurance
- Keep office organized and manage inventory of materials, merchandise, equipment and supplies
- Manage accounts payable; make sure all team, vendors and contractors are paid on time; keep all 1099s and invoices organized
- Manage recurring vendor and software accounts
- support Operations Manager and Finance Team with budgets and tracking
- Collaborate with Operations Manager to generate metrics and create systems and documentation
Live Event Coordination:
- Annual Message to Money LIVE event (350 people)
- Manage hotel contracts and event insurance
- Coordinate with hotel on a weekly basis leading up to the event to check on status of conference rooms, room blocks, menus, etc…
- Coordinate with Marketing & Sales Department to make sure room blocks match up with attendance numbers
- Book staff hotel rooms, meals and other team logistics
- Research, contract and manage key vendors (AV, etc)
- Manage and support guest speakers
- On-site event coordination for live events
- Respond to Marisa’s speaking inquiries and provide hosts with bios, headshots, presentation info and other materials
- Accompany Marisa to smaller events & speaking engagements as needed
Fulfillment Event Coordination:
- Manage hotel contracts, locations and event insurance
- Coordinate with hotel on a weekly basis leading up to the event to check on status of conference rooms, room blocks, menus, etc
- Research, contract and manage key vendors (AV, etc)
- Coordinate between Program Delivery and Customer Support Departments to make sure all teammates, coaches and speakers are taken care of and that room blocks match up with attendance numbers
- On-site event coordination for all local events, and possible on-site coordination for other fulfillment events
You will have at least 3 years of live event coordination office and office management experience.
You will be highly detail-oriented and able to implement tasks on-time, on-schedule and with a high-degree of accuracy.
In addition, you should bring the following skills and experience:
- Ability to manage you’re own time, juggle multiple priorities and quickly drive projects from idea to completion
- Ability to stay-focused on the big-picture organizational and department priorities, while understanding how to keep all projects moving forward
- Ability to collaborate well with teammates and partners and make everyone feel better for having interacted with you
- Exemplary written and verbal communication, follow-up and follow-through
- Always thinks from a place of “how can we….?” versus being stuck in why something won’t work
- Adept at creating systems around key tasks to improve efficiency and support team communication and collaboration
- Open to supporting new projects and team members as nesessary
- Takes a high-level of initative in proposing systems and ways to improve organizational efficiency.
Finally, and perhaps most importantly, candidates for the position of Executive/Personal Assistant will have the following personal characteristics:
- You’ll be passionate about what we do: You’ll be a passionate advocate for the Live Your Message mission and clients, and have a deep commitment to ensuring that our services meet and exceed high client expectations
- You should believe that great operations is the cornerstone of great client service: The candidate will believe and demonstrate an outlook that company operations support outstanding provision of services to clients
- You should understand & practice “upstream comunication”: The successful candidate will demonstrate a desire to be responsive and communicate in an upstream way to support successful collaboration and stay accountable to all team mates and priorities
- You’ll have a “Whatever it Takes” attitude: The successful candidate must embody a “whatever it takes” attitude, and will fill whatever gaps emerge whenever necessary and in whatever way contributes to successful outcomes for the organization
- You should exhibit self-reflective practices: The successful candidate will be self-reflective, and in the spirit of cooperation and shared responsibility, s/he will be as adept at accepting feedback as s/he is at giving it
This is a part-to-full-time role (40 hours/week) requiring a long-term commitment with availability Monday to Friday. Work on evenings and weekends will be required from time to time in order to meet deadlines, particularly around online product launches and/or live events.
Location of this role will be our office located in Marina del Rey, CA, two blocks from the beach.
Live Your Message offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with anticipated duties and experience.
We also pay up to 50% of your health insurance.
To apply for an interview, please submit the following:
- Cover Letter
- Short Video: less than 5 min, upload on youtube and send us the link answering the following questions…
- If your closest friend were to describe you in 1 or 2 sentences, what would they say?
- What’s one thing you’re really excited about right now?
- What’s the number one thing that motivates you in life?
- Why do you want to be a part of our team?
- Why would you be absolutely perfect for this role?
- Test Assignment: Highlight and correct the errors in this job posting (Hint: there are at least 11)
Email your application materials in to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “I’m your superhero!”