< See all open positions at LYM
Experienced Operations, Office & Events Manager
Salary Range: $60K-$70K per year
Do you leap tall buildings with a single bound?
Or run faster than a speeding bullet?
No worries, neither do we but that doesn’t stop us from being superheroes to our tribe!
We’re Live Your Message — an online education company that turns everyday entrepreneurs into online superheroes so they can change the world from their living room.
We have supported over 5000 students through our group coaching and training programs — Start With You, Website ATM, Experience Product Masterclass, Blue Sky Mentorship and Next Level Mentorship — and we’re scaling fast.
We’re looking for the best and the brightest to join our team and become as an Operations, Office & Events Manager.
Our Operations, Office & Events Manager is responsible for making sure our team has the resources, systems and support they need to do their jobs effectively, while making sure everything stays on-time and on-budget.
You’re going to help us build the organizational and infrastructural capacity we need to scale our company from mid-7-to-8-figures in the next 8 years. That includes helping us scale up our team during launches and events and scale down during slow seasons so we’re making effective use of both our financial and people resources and don’t create bottlenecks or burnout.
(I bet you can already feel your cape blowing in the wind!)
Are you one smart and personable cookie looking for an opportunity to grow in a fun, fast paced environment?
If so, you may be just the person we’re looking for!
Here’s what the role will look like for you:
You’ll spend 60% of your time on HR and team support and 40% of your time on the legal, financial, office and events coordination side of things.
HR & Team Support
- Design and handle all team hiring, onboarding and exit processes
- Oversee & manage staffing levels — helping us scale our team up during launches and events and scale down during slow seasons so team has a balanced workload and doesn’t get burnt out
- Coordinate quarterly and annual staff reviews and design review process (you may be leading some reviews too)
- Coordinate with Avitus (our business services, payroll and HR support company) around payroll, sick days and personal days before each pay cycle, as well as any disciplinary measures
- Coordinate monthly team meetings and bi-annual team retreats including scheduling, agenda creation, logistics and facilitation
- Check-in individually with department heads and staff members as needed to address concerns, track KPIs and set each team member up for success
- Implement company-wide experiencification/gamification systems to engage, motivate and reward our team around our quarterly rocks and annual goals
- Implement & run profit sharing system along with other gifts and rewards
- Manage health care, educational budgets and other team benefits
- Help the Support, Fulfillment, Marketing and Tech departments create better processes and project management and ensure integration and compliance with key systems and processes
- Manage coaching and sales teams, including collecting contracts and work-for-hire agreements in place and confirming teams leading into big launches, events or enrollment cycles
- Source new vendors when and where needed
- Help us create the capacity we need to scale our company from mid-7-to-8-figures within 3 years
Financial & Legal
- Handle all payables with bookkeeper including validating coach invoices against client receivables bi-monthly and reimbursements
- Work with bookkeeper to make sure all receivables, payables and bills are properly accounted for and tagged by company and product line
- Coordinate with collections agency and support teams around any outstanding receivables as necessary
- Schedule monthly P&L reviews and financial planning meetings with our financial team
- Get team, vendor, contractor, student and client contracts reviewed by legal
- Track budgets by project and program, help increase profitability and reduce company costs
- Support quarterly and annual tax submissions
- Maintain and file all key contracts for easy future reference
Event & Office Coordination
- Manage up to 2 big enrollment events a year, 3 medium-sized fulfillment events, 6 intimate fulfillment events and 3 small partner and team retreats including one 3-week international working holiday with the team) including hiring; booking flights, rooms and venues; negotiating contracts; ordering food or submitting banquet orders; managing material creation; and reviewing/submitting/paying invoices after each event is done
- Support events on-site as necessary (we need events manager to provide on-site support for the 2 big enrollment events and team retreats, and ideally for the 3 medium-sized fufillment events)
- Organize, inventory and stock all merchandise, gear and supplies especially leading into events
What to expect as a teammate of Live Your Message:
- You’ll never be penalized for taking initiative to solve a customer problem or to fix a systems issue that you identify.
- You’ll be part of a hard-working and amazing team who are dedicated to making a difference in this world through the people we serve and truly enjoy what they do… and have fun along the way too!
- You’ll be supported with practical information and systems that set you up for success.
- Opportunities to learn and grow; personally and professionally with training courses, mentorship, fun retreats and working team vacations
- A fun, gamified context for completing your goals, making suggestions and working together as team
- Compensation $50K-$60K/yr for the right person
- Great opportunities for advancement (in programs, events, or sales – if you’re awesome, we want to give you room to grow!)
Our Vision, Mission and Values:
We turn everyday entrepreneurs into online superheroes so they can change the world from their living room.
Our vision is to reinvent online education around the world so student engagement and results become the norm, not the exception.
Our mission is to become an 8-figure company within 3 years so we have the resources and reach we need to achieve our vision.
We do that by embodying the following 6 values:
We Can Have Everything We Want In Life, If We Will Just Help Enough Other People Get What They Want
Nothing else matters if we’re not getting real results for real people. We believe in becoming indispensable to our customers and to each other. When our students succeed, we succeed too.
If you’re going to spend a third of your life working, you may as well enjoy it! Work takes on greater meaning when it aligns with your purpose and passions. We express ourselves around the office, in our everyday work, and to our tribe.
How we show up and how we do what we do is just as important as what we actually do. Work is an inspiration, not an obligation. Work is both a calling and a call to adventure.
Live Your Message isn’t just a cool name for a company, it’s a philosophy that we embrace.
We believe that people want experiences, not information. We understand that every moment is an opportunity for transformation and we strive to create experiences in everything we do – from a simple email or phone call, to a product or live event. Finding the “wow,” the “oh, yeah,” and the “holy cow!” in every interaction is the name of the game 🙂
If We Want to Go Far, Go Together
We’re stronger together than we are apart, as a team… and as a tribe. No matter how good we are at what we do as individuals, we believe in teamwork, collaboration and mentorship. We take the time to nurture our relationship with each other, our culture as an organization and our connection with our tribe. We’re not just building a business here, we’re building a movement!
If We’re Not Growing We’re Dying
While we do take the time to celebrate our success, we never rest on our laurels or grow complacent. We’re always growing, evolving and finding new or better ways to do things, serve people and make an impact. We believe business is one of the greatest forms of personal development on the planet and we’re committed to growing both personally and professionally through the work we do each day.
All In, Like a Boss
We go all in and hold nothing back. We say what we mean and mean what we say. Instead of blaming, shaming or judging, we take ownership and responsibility of every situation. We know that if something’s going to change, we’re the ones to do it. We lead by example. We take initiative. We care. We step up and do what it takes, even when it’s hard. We always do what we say we’re going to do when we say we’re going to do it. And at the end of the day, we’re all in, like a boss – because that’s just the kind of people we are!
You’re the superhero we’re looking for if…
- You’re an A-player looking for a fast-paced work environment where you’re surrounded by a team of high-performers that love what they do and who they do it for.
- You totally get our vision, mission and values and embody what we’re creating in the world.
- You LOVE interacting with people and truly care about their needs. You’re what we call a “go giver”.
- You’ve got a positive, high-energy, easygoing, “can-do” attitude.
- You are able to juggle lots of projects and tasks without dropping the ball on anything.
- You take action to solve problems effectively and efficiently – upward thinking.
- You’re detail-oriented and understand how to create the structures and systems you need to do your job effectively and independently.
- You know how to address complaints and diffuse tension by responding to the deeper need beneath the surface issue.
- You have a clear sense of boundaries, knowing when to accommodate a request and how to hold your ground while making the other person feel acknowledged.
- You have impeccable written and verbal communication skills (a Bachelor’s Degree is a must).
- You thrive in a supporting role and don’t need to be the star of the show.
- You find fulfillment in taking care of people.
- You like getting things done and checking things off your list.
- You’re tech-savvy and know your way around computers, technology and the internet. You’re a self-reliant “let me figure it out” kind of person.
- You value variety and excitment over consistency and predictability. You thrive on flexibility, possibility and self-discovery even if that means not knowing what to expect.
- You prefer joining a team to starting your own business. You are not looking for a part-time job to fund your entrepreneurial dream. You are looking for a stable, supportive, long-term context to freely give your gifts and talents and to find a company to grow with.
- You’re an independent self-starter. Rather than waiting for someone to tell you what to do, you jump in and look for ways to give, serve and contribute. We don’t subscribe to “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”, so we’d love you to always be on the look out for how we can improve.
- It’s important you’re able to travel 30-40 days a year and willing to be flexible to the needs of the business (15-20 of these days will be in the Los Angeles area).
- This is a 40-50 hour a week position. When we’re in “launch mode” for new products or “event mode,” it’s all hands on deck. Those weeks, we’ll need your support for longer and more unusual hours. This can mean late nights and weekends.
- We work hard and we play hard too. While there is lifestyle and location flexibility, you need to be responsive and responsible for getting your work done. You have to have the grit, resilience and vision to do what it takes to get your job done while create the life and self-care you desire.
- When we reach our target goals for the year? We take a 3-month working holiday as a team in a hawwt destination. We’re thinking Bali 2020!
OK – so here’s the thing…
If you’re still reading — that means something important.
It means that this position is calling out to you and that you should get in touch with us!
We want to hear from you — and soon! (We’re hoping to fill this position by mid-May.)
Location: Can be virtual or a hybrid with some time in our office in Topanga Canyon (LA area), California
Hours: We’re looking for a full time employee — 40+ hours/week. This will increase during launches, events and special programs.
Benefits: We offer paid time off, an educational benefit, and a medical benefits program.
Things you will need:
Bachelor’s Degree (with strong written and communication skills).
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (mainly Word and Excel), Google Apps and Dropbox.
Mac and technology-savvy.
A cell phone.
Accountability. You own it all the way down the line.
The confidence to ask for help when you need it and for clarity when you don’t understand (we want you to win and will help you do it).
A great attitude and sense of humor! We all get along, like to have some laughs and fun, and want you to fit right in.
A little about us…
If you’re curious who you’ll be working for and spending time with, you can check us out at LiveYourMessage.com