< See all open positions at LYM
WANTED: Part-Time Executive/Personal Assistant for Fast-Moving Online Business Training Company
Live Your Message is an industry-leading Online Branding Agency and Business Training Organization seeking an experienced Executive/Personal Assistant to play a key role in developing, planning and implementing key organizational projects and priorities.
Our company has doubled in size every year since we got started in 2011. Last year we reached $2M in sales with over 6000 customers and in 2017 we are looking to grow to $5M.
… that most of the world’s problems can be solved through entrepreneurship.
… that when people are educated and empowered to step up and solve the important problems that call to them, great things can happen in the world.
That’s why it’s our mission over the next 10-20 years to equip 1 million people with the tools to step forward and build a business that expresses who they are so they can make a positive impact on the world.
We have a pretty solid team of 5 right now, but we’re looking for another to support our expanding student community and our larger tribe. We want to make sure that everyone who joins us receives a super-high standard of support on their entrepreneurial journey.
The truth is that it can be lonely and hard to be an entrepreneur and we want to provide the strategy, support and inspiration for all those who choose this journey alongside us.
Our team is committed to:
- authentic self-expression
- constant growth and evolution (even when it hurts)
- exemplary communication
- personal accountability and taking full responsibility for our own success
- playing “full out” and striving for excellence
- modeling our values at all times
- and co-creating an extraordinary experience for our tribe.
The Executive Assistant supports the Founder and CEO of the company. This is a company with a lot of events and launches. No two days look alike in this fast paced company. You come from a place of service with a “no task is to small” type of mindset. The founder and CEO is a busy woman and needs someone to help her with her ever-changing schedule and needs.
- Production assistance for 2-3x shoots per month — support with flowers, wardrobe, prepping scripts for teleprompter, teleprompter assistance, and on-location as necessary (some style/fashion experience preferred)
- Shopping for props and costumes for live and virtual events
- Managing my schedule
- Booking travel, reservations and appointments
- Managing the CEO’s email inbox and social media inboxes
- Taking causal behind-the-scenes pictures of me for social media
- Fielding interview and speaking requests
- Office assistance — printing and assembling binders and name tags, mailing gifts and packages
- Soliciting for podcasts and speaking gigs
- Attend speaking gigs with me and support back-of-the-room sales
- Personal assistance: doing dishes, hanging and folding laundry, dry cleaning, picking up food or smoothies, shopping and returns, keeping home and office tidy (big clean is done weekly by a cleaning team)
- Available via text and Voxer for fast requests
You will have 2-3 years of executive/personal assistant experience. You will need to be highly detail-oriented and able to implement tasks on-time, on-schedule and with a high-degree of accuracy. In addition, you will need the following skills and experience:
- Ability to manage your own time, juggle multiple priorities and quickly drive projects from idea to completion
- Ability to stay-focused on the big-picture organizational and department priorities, while understanding how to keep all projects moving forward
- Ability to collaborate well with teammates and partners and make everyone feel better for having interacted with you
- Exemplary written and verbal communication, follow-up and follow-through
- Always thinks from a place of “how can we….?” versus being stuck in why something won’t work
- Adept at creating systems around key tasks to improve efficiency and support team communication and collaboration
- Open to supporting new projects and team members as necessary
- Takes a high-level of initiative in proposing systems and ways to improve organizational efficiency.
Finally, and perhaps most importantly, candidates for the position of Executive/Personal Assistant will have the following personal characteristics:
- You’ll be passionate about what we do: You’ll be a passionate advocate for the Live Your Message mission and clients, and have a deep commitment to ensuring that our services meet and exceed high client expectations
- You should believe that great operations is the cornerstone of great client service: The candidate will believe and demonstrate an outlook that company operations support outstanding provision of services to clients
- You should understand & practice “upstream communication”: The successful candidate will demonstrate a desire to be responsive and communicate in an upstream way to support successful collaboration and stay accountable to all team mates and priorities
- You’ll have a “Whatever it Takes” attitude: The successful candidate must embody a “whatever it takes” attitude, and will fill whatever gaps emerge whenever necessary and in whatever way contributes to successful outcomes for the organization
- You should exhibit self-reflective practices: The successful candidate will be self-reflective, and in the spirit of cooperation and shared responsibility, s/he will be as adept at accepting feedback as s/he is at giving it
This is a part-time role (20+ hours/week) requiring a long-term commitment with availability Monday to Friday. Work on evenings and weekends will be required from time to time in order to meet deadlines, particularly around online product launches and/or live events.
Location of this role will be our office located in Marina del Rey, CA, two blocks from the beach.
Live Your Message offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with anticipated duties and experience.
To apply for an interview, please submit the following:
- Cover Letter
- Short Video (less than 5min, upload on youtube and send us the link) answering the following questions:
- If your closest friend were to describe you in 1 or 2 sentences, what would they say?
- What’s one thing you’re really excited about right now?
- What’s the number one thing that motivates you in life?
- Why do you want to be a part of our team?
- Why would you be absolutely perfect for this role?
Email your application in to email@example.com with the subject line “I’m your superhero!”
A little about us…
If you’re curious who you’ll be working for and spending time with, you can check us out at LiveYourMessage.com
All Currently Open Positions at LYM:
• Senior Direct Response Copywriter
• Part-Time Executive/Personal Assistant (Los Angeles-based)
• Manager, User Experience & Education for Heroic