< See all open positions at LYM
Program Manager & Content Writer
Salary Range: $50K-$60K per year
Do you leap tall buildings with a single bound?
Or run faster than a speeding bullet?
No worries, neither do we but that doesn’t stop us from being superheroes to our tribe!
We’re Live Your Message — an online education company that turns everyday entrepreneurs into online superheroes so they can change the world from their living room.
We have supported over 5000 students through our group coaching and training programs: Start With You, Website ATM, Experience Product Masterclass, Blue Sky Mentorship and Next Level Mentorship.
We’re looking for the best and the brightest to join our team and become our next Program Manager & Content Writer.
Our Program Manager & Content Writer is responsible for making sure every piece of our programs get delivered as seamlessly as possible — our emails, our membership site, our Facebook groups, our virtual workshops, our live events, our coaching team, our retention and collections processes, and our customer support — so that our students have as much success as possible while maintaining their commitment to themselves, the program and to us.
(I bet you can already feel your cape blowing in the wind!)
Are you one smart and personable cookie looking for an opportunity to grow in a fun, fast paced environment?
If so, you may be just the person we’re looking for!
Here’s what the role will look like for you:
You’ll spend part of your day writing fulfillment emails for upcoming workshop and events and making sure our programs and bonuses are being delivered on schedule and to our high standards of customer experience. You are responsible for making sure our students get what they need when they need it.
Another part of your day will be spent in addressing coach or student challenges and looking for fresh ways to keep students engaged in the programs and around their goals (this could include sending surveys, getting RSVPs for live events, running contests or challenges, talking to coaches about their concerns, supporting a student in need or simply dropping the right post on the Facebook group at the right time).
You’ll have a team of 2-3 customer support agents who will spend their time on LYM email, phone, live chat, social media and support desk “front lines”, making sure our students and followers are looked after, feel special and have everything they need to keep making progress.
While helpdesk and direct customer support won’t be your primary responsibility, you will have some challenging tickets and concerns escalated up to you for resolution.
You may need to have reenrollment or retention calls with premium-level clients or get on the phone to resolve a gnarley issue.
This is where you make the smiles happen!
You’ll get to use your people skills to help keep them on track, motivate them, and iron out any challenges that come up (coaching or similar skills are a plus here).
You’ll be a key team member supporting the department in retaining students and re-enrolling them into other programs. You’ll also support the sales team during launches and our 2 big enrollment events each year.
You’ll be a hub of information and everyone will look to you as a “go-to” resource.
In addition to chatting people up online and off and making sure our customers, clients, and students are well supported, you’ll also have the opportunity to let your creative genius loose as you keep our students informed and entertained via email.
You will be making phone calls to our students to help with:
- Logistics, planning, and follow up
- Answering questions about our programs
- Talking them through challenges around making payments and staying on track financially
- Helping our students get back on track in their “freak out” moments when they want to run away, hide out, or leave the program because they’re outside of their comfort zone and sh#t just real for them
We have a pretty amazing tribe so you’re about to make a lot of new friends 🙂
Additional responsibilities includes:
- Managing our online communities and keeping them engaged, informed, and hot dawg excited about their next steps
- Getting creative and writing fun and attention grabbing emails to our program participants
- Follow up calls and direct contact with our community including leading phone campaigns to prospects during events and launches
- Admin and project management within the department
- Creating content to membership sites, websites and social media platforms and keeping a keen eye out as a proofreader to save the day!
- Creating and testing of forms and surveys, applications, processes and systems
- Support other teammates and projects as necessary
- Supporting the customer front lines to retain and support the re-enrollment of students
What to expect as a teammate of Live Your Message:
- You’ll never be penalized for taking initiative to solve a customer problem or to fix a systems issue that you identify.
- You’ll be part of a hard-working and amazing team who are dedicated to making a difference in this world through the people we serve and truly enjoy what they do… and have fun along the way too!
- You’ll be supported with practical information and systems that set you up for success.
- Opportunities to learn and grow; personally and professionally with training courses, mentorship, fun retreats and working team vacations
- A fun, gamified context for completing your goals, making suggestions and working together as team
- Compensation $50K-$60K/yr for the right person
- Great opportunities for advancement (in programs, events, or sales – if you’re awesome, we want to give you room to grow!)
Our Vision, Mission and Values:
We turn everyday entrepreneurs into online superheroes so they can change the world from their living room.Our vision is to reinvent online education around the world so student engagement and results become the norm, not the exception.
Our mission is to become an 8-figure company within 3 years so we have the resources and reach we need to achieve our vision.
We do that by embodying the following 6 values:
We Can Have Everything We Want In Life, If We Will Just Help Enough Other People Get What They Want
Nothing else matters if we’re not getting real results for real people. We believe in becoming indispensable to our customers and to each other. When our students succeed, we succeed too.
If you’re going to spend a third of your life working, you may as well enjoy it! Work takes on greater meaning when it aligns with your purpose and passions. We express ourselves around the office, in our everyday work, and to our tribe.
How we show up and how we do what we do is just as important as what we actually do. Work is an inspiration, not an obligation. Work is both a calling and a call to adventure.
Live Your Message isn’t just a cool name for a company, it’s a philosophy that we embrace.
We believe that people want experiences, not information. We understand that every moment is an opportunity for transformation and we strive to create experiences in everything we do – from a simple email or phone call, to a product or live event. Finding the “wow,” the “oh, yeah,” and the “holy cow!” in every interaction is the name of the game 🙂
If We Want to Go Far, Go Together
We’re stronger together than we are apart, as a team… and as a tribe. No matter how good we are at what we do as individuals, we believe in teamwork, collaboration and mentorship. We take the time to nurture our relationship with each other, our culture as an organization and our connection with our tribe. We’re not just building a business here, we’re building a movement!
If We’re Not Growing We’re Dying
While we do take the time to celebrate our success, we never rest on our laurels or grow complacent. We’re always growing, evolving and finding new or better ways to do things, serve people and make an impact. We believe business is one of the greatest forms of personal development on the planet and we’re committed to growing both personally and professionally through the work we do each day.
All In, Like a Boss
We go all in and hold nothing back. We say what we mean and mean what we say. Instead of blaming, shaming or judging, we take ownership and responsibility of every situation. We know that if something’s going to change, we’re the ones to do it. We lead by example. We take initiative. We care. We step up and do what it takes, even when it’s hard. We always do what we say we’re going to do when we say we’re going to do it. And at the end of the day, we’re all in, like a boss – because that’s just the kind of people we are!
You’re the superhero we’re looking for if…
- You’re an A-player looking for a fast-paced work environment where you’re surrounded by a team of high-performers that love what they do and who they do it for.
- You totally get our vision, mission and values and embody what we’re creating in the world.
- You LOVE interacting with people and truly care about their needs. You’re what we call a “go giver”.
- You’ve got a positive, high-energy, easygoing, “can-do” attitude.
- You are able to juggle lots of projects and tasks without dropping the ball on anything.
- You take action to solve problems effectively and efficiently – upward thinking.
- You’re detail-oriented and understand how to create the structures and systems you need to do your job effectively and independently.
- You know how to address complaints and diffuse tension by responding to the deeper need beneath the surface issue.
- You have a clear sense of boundaries, knowing when to accommodate a request and how to hold your ground while making the other person feel acknowledged.
- You have impeccable written and verbal communication skills (a Bachelor’s Degree is a must).
- You thrive in a supporting role and don’t need to be the star of the show.
- You find fulfillment in taking care of people.
- You like getting things done and checking things off your list.
- You’re tech-savvy and know your way around computers, technology and the internet. You’re a self-reliant “let me figure it out” kind of person.
- You value variety and excitment over consistency and predictability. You thrive on flexibility, possibility and self-discovery even if that means not knowing what to expect.
- You prefer joining a team to starting your own business. You are not looking for a part-time job to fund your entrepreneurial dream. You are looking for a stable, supportive, long-term context to freely give your gifts and talents and to find a company to grow with.
- You’re an independent self-starter. Rather than waiting for someone to tell you what to do, you jump in and look for ways to give, serve and contribute. We don’t subscribe to “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”, so we’d love you to always be on the look out for how we can improve.
- It’s important you’re able to travel 30-40 days a year and willing to be flexible to the needs of the business (15-20 of these days will be in the Los Angeles area).
- This is a 40-50 hour a week position. When we’re in “launch mode” for new products or “event mode,” it’s all hands on deck. Those weeks, we’ll need your support for longer and more unusual hours. This can mean late nights and weekends.
- We work hard and we play hard too. While there is lifestyle and location flexibility, you need to be responsive and responsible for getting your work done. You have to have the grit, resilience and vision to do what it takes to get your job done while create the life and self-care you desire.
- When we reach our target goals for the year? We take a 3-month working holiday as a team in a hawwt destination. We’re thinking Bali 2020!
OK – so here’s the thing…
If you’re still reading — that means something important.
It means that this position is calling out to you and that you should get in touch with us!
We want to hear from you — and soon! (We’re hoping to fill this position by mid-May.)
Location: Can be virtual or a hybrid with some time in our office in Topanga Canyon (LA area), California
Hours: We’re looking for a full time employee — 40+ hours/week. This will increase during launches, events and special programs.
Benefits: We offer paid time off, an educational benefit, and a medical benefits program.
Things you will need:
Bachelor’s Degree (with strong written and communication skills).
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (mainly Word and Excel), Google Apps and Dropbox.
Mac and technology-savvy.
A cell phone.
Accountability. You own it all the way down the line.
The confidence to ask for help when you need it and for clarity when you don’t understand (we want you to win and will help you do it).
A great attitude and sense of humor! We all get along, like to have some laughs and fun, and want you to fit right in.
- Helpdesk and CRM experience (we use Enchant and Infusionsoft)
- Experience with project management
- Coaching or sales background (or similar skills)
- Teaching or facilitation skills
NOTE: Superheroes Only
Please do not apply for this position unless you are certain that you will be an awesome Program Manager & Content Writer and have the drive, desire and commitment to excellence to totally ROCK this position.
There will be plenty of opportunities for advancement and we’re only looking for someone interested in sticking around and growing with us.
If this describes you then we can’t wait to get to know you!
To apply for an interview, please submit the following:
- Cover Letter
- Short Video (less than 5min, upload on youtube and send us the link) answering the following questions:
- If your closest friend were to describe you in 1 or 2 sentences, what would they say?
- What’s one thing you’re really excited about right now?
- What’s the number one thing that motivates you in life?
- Why do you want to be a part of our team?
- Why would you be absolutely perfect for this role?
Email your application in to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “I’m your program manager & content writer!”
A little about us…
If you’re curious who you’ll be working for and spending time with, you can check us out at LiveYourMessage.com