< See all open positions at LYM
WANTED: Social Media and Client Community Manager
Are you obsessed with social media? Do you find yourself chuckling over the latest memes and ooing and ahing over gorgeous Instagram feeds?
Are you naturally creative with a passion and knack for expressing yourself in writing?
Do you LOVE interacting with people online?
Do you thrive on building people up and cheering them on to be their best selves and tackle their highest goals?
Would you love to work in an environment where you are valued for your ninja-like copywriting skills and spend your day encouraging entrepreneurs with a BIG message so they can change the world from their living rooms?
If you have a “whatever it takes” attitude and answered “Heck, yes!” to the above questions… we have a mission for you!
Your mission — should you choose to accept it — is to join a fast-paced, constantly evolving business coaching, training and mentoring company that turns ordinary entrepreneurs into online superheroes!
As our Social Media and Client Community Manager, you’ll lead the charge on boosting our social media reach, impact and ROI using proven social media strategies, fun and engaging contests, Facebook ads and Messenger bots to create an out-of-this-world experience for our current students and potential future customers. Experience leveraging Social Media and Messenger bots to drive sales and increase ROI is required for this position.
You’ll ideally have superhero-level copywriting and communication skills, along with the ability to monitor, moderate and foster conversations in our online communities using our smart, playful, creative, conscious and informed style. This includes our social media following across all channels and our highly active student Facebook communities. Direct response copywriting experience is not required, but it’s a HUGE plus.
You’ll spend the bulk of your day providing valuable feedback and resources to entrepreneurs who have a BIG message and want to make a real impact in the world.
Yes, you will be our tribe’s badass cheerleader! But don’t worry, there’s no formal cheerleading experience required… 😉
As our Social Media and Client Community Manager, you’ll also ideate, develop and write engaging, vulnerable and emotional social media content that spark meaningful conversations for our tribe. You’ll initiate dialogue with our incredible tribe of world-changing entrepreneurs and feel the satisfaction of knowing you made a meaningful contribution to someone’s life — every single day.
You’ll also work with our in-house graphic designer to create beautiful and engaging social media content that is on brand, stands out from the crowd and catches people’s attention. This is the creative, expressive side of this gig! So for this, you’ll need to have an eye for design and great attention to detail.
Most importantly, you’ll monitor and track engagement metrics to help us maximize our reach, impact and ROI across all social media channels. You’ll be able to laser in on what worked best and what didn’t and you’ll report any suggested improvements or issues to the proper channels in a timely manner (ie. Customer Service or Marketing Department).
Lastly — and perhaps, most importantly — you’re a “people person” right down to your core with incredible customer service skills and a passion for entrepreneurship. Experience in Marketing, working with entrepreneurs or in the Business Coaching & Training industry is a huge plus (but not required).
So if you’re a high-performance self-starter who loves supporting, encouraging and guiding people using social media, video, imagery, and the written word AND you want to meaningfully impact the lives of world-changing entrepreneurs on a day-to-day basis, then we want to hear from you!
- Ideate, strategize, schedule and manage complex social media engagement plan
- Regularly write emotional and engaging social media posts to support various marketing initiatives & campaigns and spark meaningful conversations for our tribe (yes, you need to create conversational yet typo and mistake-free content, so that means incredible communication skills and an eagle eye for detail)
- Work with in-house graphic designer to create beautiful, engaging and on-brand graphics and images to accompany social posts
- Boost social media presence using proven social media strategies including (but not limited to) contests, Facebook ads and Messenger bots
- Monitor, moderate and foster conversations in our highly active student Facebook communities and social media channels
- Be able to embody the voice of Live Your Message, so you can respond to comments and private messages on behalf of LYM Founder, Marisa Murgatroyd
- Report any negative reviews, feedback or customer queries to the proper channels in a timely manner (ie. Customer Service or Marketing Department)
- Track and interpret website traffic and engagement metrics across all channels, strategizing and pivoting as needed to maximize our reach, impact and ROI on marketing initiatives
- Support during online events (livestreams and webinars) as well as our live, in-person events (like Message to Money Live in Los Angeles each February) to facilitate conversations and connections
- Coordinate with Marketing and Customer Service teams to ensure brand consistency and excellent customer experience on all fronts
- Manage online reputation for all Live Your Message programs and brand
- Build relationships with customers, potential customers and industry professionals
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology and marketing trends
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Integrated Marketing Communications (or related field) OR 2-3 years of hands-on experience as a Community Manager and will possess the following skills:
- Strong copywriting abilities and verbal communication skills (Speaks English at an idiomatic level)
- Eye for images and design, so you can manage both the visual and written part of our social channels (with help from our in-house design team as needed)
- Ability to multitask and juggle priorities to quickly drive projects from idea to completion on-time and on-brand
- Mastery of Google Suite, Hootsuite and hands-on experience with social media management across most or all channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube)
- Extensive knowledge of online marketing, engagement strategies, website traffic and tracking engagement metrics
- Tech savvy, resourcefulness and the ability to “figure things out”
- Strong work ethic and standards. Details matter to you. Results matter to you.
- Available to work during “normal business hours” (approximately 9am to 6pm Pacific time) regardless of the time zone you live in
- Compensation is $50-60K/year depending on your qualifications and experience
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick days, training and medical benefits
Live Your Message is an industry-leading Online Branding Agency and Business Training Company. Here at Live Your Message, we help entrepreneurs be the boldest, most colorful, vibrant expression of who they are online… because, in this day and age, that’s the only way to cut through the noise of a billion websites and actually be heard. That’s how you become a superhero!
… that most of the world’s problems can be solved through entrepreneurship.
… that when people are educated and empowered to step up and solve the important problems that call to them, great things can happen in the world.
That’s why it’s our mission over the next 10-20 years to equip 1 million people with the tools to step forward and build a business that expresses who they are so they can make a positive impact on the world.
The truth is that it can be lonely and hard to be an entrepreneur and we want to provide the strategy, support and inspiration for all those who choose this journey alongside us.
To learn more about who you’ll be working with, visit www.liveyourmessage.com
This is a full-time role (minimum of 40 hours/week) requiring a long-term commitment with availability Monday to Friday approximately 9am – 6pm Pacific time.
We do have flexibility within that since this is a virtual work at home role, but we want someone who is available and doesn’t mysteriously “go fishing.” Work on evenings and weekends will be required from time to time in order to meet deadlines, particularly around online product launches and/or live events.
We are looking for someone to work full time at home, in-person at our Marina del Rey office, or a combination of the two.
To apply for an interview, please submit the following:
- Cover Letter
- Short Video (less than 5 min, upload on YouTube and send us the link) answering the following questions:
- Tell us a story about someone you interacted with recently — in person or online — and how you helped them overcome a challenge, provided support or just lent a listening ear 🙂
- Tell as about a major challenge that you overcome in your own life and what you learned from the experience.
- Describe an experience where you were totally overwhelmed by the amount of work on your plate. What was the situation? What did you do? How did it turn out?
- Tell us about a time you were given more work than you could accomplish by the deadlines you were given. What was the situation? How did you approach it? How did it turn out?
- What’s the number one thing that motivates you in life?
- Why do you want to be a part of our team?
- Why would you be absolutely perfect for this role?
- 3 Social Media Post Writing Examples + Graphics for Each
- Please write 3 emotional and engaging social media posts plus graphics for each, showing off your creativity, writing style, strategic mind and eye for design:
- Promote Personal Brand Power (our $997 product): https://liveyourmessage.com/pbp/ — How would you direct people to this product via all social channels?
- Write a post that could be used for “Mindset Monday” in our open Facebook Community — How would you start that conversation? Check out the Entrepreneur Mindset section of our blog for inspiration: https://www.liveyourmessage.com/entrepreneur-mindset
- Please watch this playlist of testimonials from our Experience Product Masterclass and pick ONE testimonial: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfPvBGbFw_8nYVzmqML8Q1WYd_FokDY2- — How would you write a “shout out” post congratulating ONE of these students on reaching their goals in the EPM Facebook Group?
- Email your completed application (with all the pieces described above) to email@example.com with the subject line “I’m your superhero!”