< See all open positions at LYM
WANTED: Social Media and Client Community Manager
Are you obsessed with social media? Do you find yourself chuckling over the latest memes and ooing and ahing over gorgeous Instagram feeds?
Are you naturally creative with a passion for expressing yourself in writing?
Do you LOVE interacting with people online?
Do you thrive on building people up and cheering them on to be their best selves and tackle their highest goals?
Would you love to work in an environment where you are valued for your ninja-like people skills and spend your day encouraging entrepreneurs with a BIG message so they can change the world from their living rooms?
If you have a “whatever it takes” attitude and answered, “Heck, yes!” to the above questions… we have a mission for you…
Your mission — should you choose to accept it, of course — is to join a fast-paced, constantly evolving business coaching, training and mentoring company that turns ordinary entrepreneurs into online superheroes!
Our ideal Social Media and Client Community Manager will have superhero-level communication skills and can monitor, moderate and foster conversations in our online communities using our smart, playful, creative, conscious and informed style. This includes our social media following across all channels and our highly active student Facebook communities.
Yes, you will be our tribe’s bad ass cheerleader!
But don’t worry, there’s no formal cheerleading experience required… 😉
You’ll spend the bulk of your day providing valuable feedback and resources to entrepreneurs who have a BIG message and want to make a real impact in the world.
In addition to facilitating conversations that are already happening on our social media channels and thriving student Facebook communities, our ideal Social Media and Client Community Manager will be able to ideate, develop and write engaging social media content that sparks meaningful conversations for our tribe. You’ll be initiating a dialogue with our incredible tribe of world-changing entrepreneurs and feel the satisfaction of knowing you made a meaningful contribution to someone’s life — every single day.
You’ll also work with our in-house graphic designer to create beautiful and engaging social media content that is on brand, stands out from the crowd and catches people’s attention. This is the creative, expressive side of this gig! So you’ll need an eye for design and great attention to detail.
Our ideal Social Media and Client Community Manager will lead the charge on boosting our social media reach, impact and ROI using proven social media strategies, fun and engaging contests, Facebook ads and Messenger bots to create an out-of-this-world experience for our current students and potential future customers.
We’re also looking for someone with ninja-like organization skills that’s able to monitor and track engagement metrics across all channels. You’ll need a keen eye for what worked best and provided the most benefit to our followers and what didn’t, reporting any suggested improvements or issues to the proper channels in a timely manner (ie. Customer Service or Marketing Department).
You’ll also need to draw meaningful conclusions from the engagement metrics you’re tracking, strategizing and pivoting as needed to maximize our reach, impact and ROI on marketing initiatives through social media. That means that you need to know your way around numbers and spreadsheets.
Lastly — and perhaps, most importantly — you should be a “people person” right down to your core with incredible customer service skills and a passion for entrepreneurship. Experience working with entrepreneurs or in the Business Coaching & Training industry is a huge plus (but not required).
So if you’re a high-performance self-starter who loves supporting, encouraging and guiding people using social media, video, imagery, and the written word AND you want to meaningfully impact the lives of world-changing entrepreneurs on a day-to-day basis, then we want to hear from you!
Compensation: $50-60K depending on experience and your ability to WOW us.
Seriously, you better bring your A game. Our tribe is like family to us and we only want to work with people who “get it,” strive for excellence and truly care.
There will be plenty of opportunities for advancement so only apply if you’re interested in sticking around and growing with us.
- Ideate, strategize, schedule and manage complex social media engagement plan
- Create engaging text, image and video content for social media channels that sparks meaningful conversations (yes, you need to create conversational yet typo and mistake-free content, so that means incredible communication skills and an eagle eye for detail)
- Boost social media presence using proven social media strategies including (but not limited to) contests, Facebook ads and Messenger bots
- Monitor, moderate and foster conversations in our highly active student Facebook communities and social media channels
- Be able to embody the voice of Live Your Message, so you can respond to comments and private messages on behalf of LYM Founder, Marisa Murgatroyd
- Report any negative reviews, feedback or customer queries to the proper channels in a timely manner (ie. Customer Service or Marketing Department)
- Track and interpret website traffic and engagement metrics across all channels, strategizing and pivoting as needed to maximize our reach, impact and ROI on marketing initiatives
- Support during online events (livestreams and webinars) as well as offline events (like Message to Money Live in Los Angeles in February) to facilitate conversations and connections
- Coordinate with Marketing and Customer Service teams to ensure brand consistency and an excellent customer experience on all fronts
- Manage online reputation for all Live Your Message programs and brand
- Build relationships with customers, potential customers and industry professionals
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology and marketing trends
Live Your Message is an industry-leading Online Branding Agency and Business Training Company. We help entrepreneurs be the most bold, colorful, vibrant expression of who they are online. Because, in this day and age, that’s the only way to cut through the noise of a billion websites and actually be heard. That’s how you become a superhero.
… that most of the world’s problems can be solved through entrepreneurship.
… that when people are educated and empowered to step up and solve the important problems that call to them, great things can happen in the world.
That’s why it’s our mission over the next 10-20 years to equip 1 million people with the tools to step forward and build a business that expresses who they are so they can make a positive impact on the world.
The truth is that it can be lonely and hard to be an entrepreneur and we want to provide the strategy, support and inspiration for all those who choose this journey alongside us.
To learn more about who you’ll be working with, visit liveyourmessage.com
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Integrated Marketing Communications (or related field) OR 2-3 years of hands-on experience as a Community Manager and will possess the following skills:
- Strong copywriting abilities and verbal communication skills (Speaks English at an idiomatic level)
- Eye for images and design, so you can manage both the visual and written part of our social channels (with help from our in-house design team as needed)
- Ability to juggle priorities and quickly drive projects from idea to completion on-time and on-brand
- Mastery of Google Suite, Hootsuite and hands on experience with social media management for brands (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube)
- Extensive knowledge of online marketing, engagement strategies, website traffic and tracking engagement metrics
- Tech savvy, resourcefulness and the ability to “figure things out”
- High work ethic and standards. Details matter to you. Results matter to you.
- Attention to detail, ability to multitask and prioritize
- Available to work during “normal business hours” (approximately 9am to 6pm Pacific time) regardless of the time zone you live in
- Willingness to work nights and weekends during events, launches and other important deadlines
This is a full-time role (minimum of 40 hours/week) requiring a long-term commitment with availability Monday to Friday approximately 9am – 6pm Pacific time.
We do have flexibility within that since this is a virtual work at home role, but we want someone who is available and doesn’t mysteriously “go fishing.” Work on evenings and weekends will be required from time to time in order to meet deadlines, particularly around online product launches and/or live events.
IMPORTANT: Must be available to attend our annual Message to Money Live event in Los Angeles February 14-18, 2019 (LYM will pay for your transportation and accommodations during the event).
We are looking for someone to work full time at home, in-person at our Marina del Rey office, or a combination of the two.
- Minimum 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday with longer hours during product launches and live and virtual events
- Compensation is $50-60K/year depending on your qualifications and experience
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick days, training and medical benefits
To apply for an interview, please submit the following:
- Cover Letter
- Short Video (less than 5 min, upload on YouTube and send us the link) answering the following questions:
- If your closest friend were to describe you in 1 or 2 sentences, what would they say?
- Tell us a story about someone you interacted with recently — in person or online — and how you helped them overcome a challenge, provided support or just lended a listening ear 🙂
- Tell as about a major challenge that you overcome in your own life and what you learned from the experience.
- What’s your favorite book or movie and why?
- What’s the number one thing that motivates you in life?
- Why do you want to be a part of our team?
- Why would you be absolutely perfect for this role?
- 3-5 Social Media Post Writing Examples
- Show off your creativity, writing style and strategic mind. You can promote one of our blog posts, one of our products or write something interesting/thought provoking that you think our tribe will LOVE 🙂
- Email your completed application (with all the pieces described above) to email@example.com with the subject line “I’m your superhero!”