< See all open positions at LYM
We’re looking for an online education program
Technical & Billing Support Agent to join our team!
TITLE: Support Agent Superhero
SALARY: $35k-$40k annually
REPORTS TO: Customer Success Manager
Do you eat challenges for breakfast? Do you thrive on making sure all the tiniest details are in order?
Would you love to work in a fun, fast-paced people-centric environment where you’re valued for your individuality, dedication, reliability and ninja-like support skills?
If so, this might be the right position for you!
About Live Your Message
We are a business training company specializing in helping online entrepreneurs create a business that is authentic and aligned with who they are, to empower them to turn up the dial on their “inner superhero” so they can change the world from their living rooms.
In service of this mission, our team is behind some of the most creative online marketing and digital product launches and we partner with the top business & internet marketing minds on the planet.
Our company and our reach has been growing fast and we’re looking for an exceptional Support Agent to join us.
The role of Support Agent is being the chief ninja of our help desk. You’ll spend your time on Live Your Message’s email, phone, live chat, social media and support desk “front lines” making sure our students, prospects, and community members are looked after, feel energized and have everything they need to succeed.
You make the smiles happen!
In the role of Technical & Billing Support Agent, you will troubleshoot more advanced technical issues for our students (e.g., change automations in Infusionsoft, support students with Google docs, membership site issues, investigating bug reports). You will also be playing a major role in collaborating with students to resolve billing inconsistencies and help them find solutions for those who may need payment assistance.
It is important that you are naturally a relationship-focused, confidence-building, team player who has excellent interpersonal skills.
- Monitor and respond quickly to incoming requests from our students including support over the phone, email and occasionally on Zoom for VIP students
- Provide outstanding customer service while helping customers with billing questions and resolutions
- Communicate with management and leadership to provide regular updates on billing progress and status
- Conduct payment transactions and negotiate payment arrangements for customers on their accounts
- Become an expert for the Live Your Message programs so that you can guide students through their tools and other offerings as they are released
- Work with our Fulfillment Team to evolve our programs by providing student feedback, recommending improvements, escalating concerns and ultimately empowering our students to succeed
- Thoroughly troubleshoot and escalate issues & bugs to the appropriate teams through management
- Collaborate with management to increase productivity and accuracy by compiling & implementing billing and auditing procedures
- Assist with some light training and onboarding of new support staff as we grow.
- Teach our students how to help themselves faster next time by pointing them to all the resources we make available to them
- Help maintain our Knowledge Base with new product information and systems documentation
- Once the world gets back to normal, support our super-fun live events to handle set-up, registration and other needs
- Ability to work overtime when necessary, primarily during program launches and live events
- 2+ years in a technical or billing customer support focused role
- You love detail, logic, strategy and analytics. You would be described as “left brained.” Organization is your middle name.
- Technical troubleshooter and task-oriented problem solver
- High level of discretion, confidentiality and attention to detail
- Comfortable at timely communication with students about sensitive financial situations
- Ability to create, maintain and present financial reports & spreadsheets
- You are 100% accountable. You own your commitments all the way down the line.
- You understand that proactive support is better than reactive support
- You do your best work under pressure in a high-volume Customer Support environment while maintaining a sincere compassion for the problems our students are facing.
- You possess a genuine passion for empowering customers, resolving issues and answering all types of questions with a genuinely relaxed, friendly attitude
- You demonstrate excellent problem solving skills (both soft and technical), and ability to translate student questions into clear and actionable requests
- You have the inner confidence to ask for help when you need it and clarity when you don’t understand things. (We want you to win and will help you do it!)
- You have a great sense of humor! We all get along, like to have some fun and laughs — and want you to fit right in.
- You have a love for the unknown and a sense of accomplishment when tackling a challenge.
Technical Experience Required:
- Experience with Helpdesk Software
- CRM experience
- G-Suite, including Sheets, Docs, & Drive
- Basic knowledge of how email marketing works
- Ability to pick up new apps and technology with ease
- Experience working with an online launch
- Worked in the online education industry previously
- Infusionsoft experience
- Email marketing working knowledge
- Knowledge base development experience
- Project Management
This is a full-time position with benefits. We’re looking for someone who’s interested in sticking around to grow with us, not just someone looking for a “side gig” to keep them afloat as they pursue their real passion. There will be plenty of opportunities for advancement here!
The role is also 100% virtual, but you need to be available to work during “normal business hours” (approximately 9am to 6pm Pacific time, give or take two hours) regardless of the time zone you live in. Some weekend and night work will be required during events and launch activities. And, having a reliable up-to-date computer is a must!
What to Expect as a Teammate of Live Your Message
- You’ll never be penalized for taking initiative to solve a customer problem or to fix a systems issue that you identify.
- You’ll be part of a hard-working and amazing team who are dedicated to making a difference in this world through the people we serve and truly enjoy what they do… and have fun along the way too!
- You’ll be supported with practical information and systems that set you up for success.
- Opportunities to learn and grow; personally and professionally with training courses, mentorship, fun retreats and working team vacations
- A fun, gamified context for completing your goals, making suggestions and working together as team
- Great opportunities for advancement
Our Mission & Values
We turn everyday entrepreneurs into online superheroes so they can change the world from their living room. We make it possible for anyone with a big message for the world to reach more people, make more money and have a bigger impact.
We do that by embodying the following 6 values:
- We Can Have Everything We Want In Life, If We Will Just Help Enough Other People Get What They Want
Nothing else matters if we’re not getting real results for real people. We believe in becoming indispensable to our customers and to each other. When our students succeed, we succeed too.
- Express Yourself
If you’re going to spend a third of your life working, you may as well enjoy it! Work takes on greater meaning when it aligns with your purpose and passions. We express ourselves around the office, in our everyday work, and to our tribe.
How we show up and how we do what we do is just as important as what we actually do. Work is an inspiration, not an obligation. Work is both a calling and a call to adventure.Live Your Message isn’t just a cool name for a company, it’s a philosophy that we embrace.
- Experiencify It
We believe that people want experiences, not information. We understand that every moment is an opportunity for transformation and we strive to create experiences in everything we do – from a simple email or phone call, to a product or live event. Finding the “wow,” the “oh, yeah,” and the “holy cow!” in every interaction is the name of the game 🙂
- If We Want to Go Far, Go Together
We’re stronger together than we are apart, as a team… and as a tribe. No matter how good we are at what we do as individuals, we believe in teamwork, collaboration and mentorship. We take the time to nurture our relationship with each other, our culture as an organization and our connection with our tribe. We’re not just building a business here, we’re building a movement!
- If We’re Not Growing We’re Dying
While we do take the time to celebrate our success, we never rest on our laurels or grow complacent. We’re always growing, evolving and finding new or better ways to do things, serve people and make an impact. We believe business is one of the greatest forms of personal development on the planet and we’re committed to growing both personally and professionally through the work we do each day.
- All In, Like a Boss
We go all in and hold nothing back. We say what we mean and mean what we say. Instead of blaming, shaming or judging, we take ownership and responsibility of every situation. We know that if something’s going to change, we’re the ones to do it. We lead by example. We take initiative. We care. We step up and do what it takes, even when it’s hard. We always do what we say we’re going to do when we say we’re going to do it. And at the end of the day, we’re all in, like a boss – because that’s just the kind of people we are!
If this position is calling out to you, we want to hear from you — and soon!
To apply for an interview, please submit the following
Step 1: Since culture fit is a SUPER important part of this position, please provide a cover letter answering the following questions:
- If your closest friend were to describe you in 1 or 2 sentences, what would they say?
- What’s one thing you’re really excited about right now?
- What’s the number one thing that motivates you in life?
- Why do you want to be a part of our team?
- Why would you be absolutely perfect for this role?
Step 2: Email us your cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Support Agent Superhero.”
Step 3: If we think it could be a match, then we’ll take it from there!