Trying to make sense of the digital marketing landscape?
Are you overwhelmed by the sheer amount of data and statistics out there?
Looking for reliable, easy-to-understand insights?
In this easy-to-read, filler-free guide, I’m sharing 70 of the best digital marketing statistics the web has to offer.
Let’s jump right in.
13 Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Statistics for 2023
- As of July 2022, Google held 83.84% of the search engine market.
- A whopping 95% of searchers only look at the first page of search results.
- According to Ahrefs, 90.63% of posts/pages get zero organic search traffic from Google.
- In 2019, 68% of all website traffic originated from paid or organic search.
- The average annual salary for SEO professionals in the United States is $60,548.
- The number one result in Google’s organic search results has an average click-through rate (CTR) of 27.6%.
- On mobile devices, 61.5% of searches on Google result in zero clicks.
- By 2025, 72.6% of people will access the web solely via their phone.
- May and December are the months with the lowest click-through rates. July through September have the highest CTRs.
- 48% of consumers use voice assistants for general web search.
- In 2020, 14.1% of all searches were questions.
- 19% of marketers said paid search efforts yield the biggest returns to their website.
- In Google, comparison searches using the word “best” have increased by over 80%.
25 Social Media Statistics You Need to Know
14. Each month, more than 2 billion people log into YouTube to watch content.
15. YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world. (Google is #1.)
16. On average, people spend 41 minutes on YouTube each and every day.
17. There are more than 51 million YouTube channels.
18. As of January 2022, approximately 29,000 YouTube channels have over 1 million subscribers.
19. The average length of “page one” video on YouTube search is 14 minutes, 50 seconds.
20. Approximately 500 million tweets are sent per day.
21. The tweets per second record is 143,199. The date was August 3, 2013, when people in Japan were watching and tweeting about the movie Castle in the Sky.
22. The late actor Chadwick Boseman has the most popular tweet.
23. “Face With Tears of Joy” Twitter’s most popular emoji. It’s been used over 3.7 billion times in tweets.
24. A whopping 62.2% of the world’s Twitter users are under the age of 35.
25. Each month, the average Android user spends 5.1 hours on the Twitter app.
26. 20% of marketers are investing in Twitter Spaces.
27. According to Statista, Facebook has 2.96 billion monthly active users worldwide.
28. Of the billions of Facebook users, 57.2% are male.
29. Approximately 69% of U.S adults use Facebook.
30. 73% of college graduates in the United States say they use Facebook.
31. In 2021, 31% of U.S. adults reguarly got their news from Facebook.
32. More than 1.8 billion people use Facebook Groups every month.
33. LinkedIn has more than 21,000 employees across the world.
34. There are more than 875 million members on LinkedIn.
35. As of January 2022, 57.2% of LinkedIn’s members were male.
36. Over 57 million companies have a page on LinkedIn.
37. With over 28 million followers, Amazon has the most followed LinkedIn page.
38. According to CMI, LinkedIn is used by a whopping 96% of B2B (business to business) content marketers.
11 Content Marketing Statistics for 2023
39. Conversion rates are 6 times higher for businesses that use content marketing.
40. A whopping 63% of businesses don’t have a documented content strategy.
41. In the U.S., Americans spend an incredible 5.4 hours on their mobile phones each day.
42. According to Ahrefs, only 5.7% of pages will rank in the top 10 search results — for any keyword — within a year of publication
43. 96% of B2B marketers that engage influencers consider their program to be successful.
44. In 2022, 17% of marketers used automation or artificial AI-powered segmentation in their content strategy.
45. Content marketing costs 62% less than outbound marketing.
46. Over 64% of B2B buyers say podcasts are helpful to their buying process.
47. Per Jeff Bullas, content with images get 94% more views.
48. According to The Manifest, 51% of businesses that invest in content marketing publish content every single day.
49. Approximately 70% of people would rather get info from blogs than paid ads.
11 Eye-Opening Video Marketing Statistics
50. Video is the top media format for 59% of marketers.
51. According to HubSpot, 89% of marketers choose to use YouTube for their video marketing efforts.
52. Before making a purchasing decision, 94% of consumers watch videos to understand better how a product works.
53. 35% of marketers plan to use video in marketing for the first time in 2023.
54. Driving brand awareness is the top goal for 22.4% of marketers who use video marketing.
55. Video uploads at Wistia almost doubled from 2019 (9 million uploads) to 2021 (17 million uploads).
56. 55% of people watch online videos every day.
57. Back in 2016, an amazing 95% of a video’s message was retained. Conversely, only 10% was retained when reading a message in text.
58. 93% of Twitter’s video views happen on a mobile device.
59. In 2022, 86% of businesses used video as a tool in their marketing toolbox.
60. According to Wyzowl, 18% of video marketers say they used video for the first time in 2021.
10 Must-Know Email Marketing Statistics
61. Per OptinMonster, 99% of email users check their email every day.
62. In a HubSpot survey, 95% of marketers felt that email marketing efforts were effective in meeting business goals.
63. Almost 79% of marketers say email in their top three channels for effectiveness.
64. According to MailChimp, segmented email campaigns have a 14.31% higher open rate (compared to non-segmented campaigns).
65. 78% of marketers say they’d rather give up social media marketing than email marketing.
66. 47% people use a mobile device to check their email.
67. Apple is the most popular email client at 65.06%, following by Gmail at 23.51%.
68. 95% of marketers track the open rate of their campaigns, making it the highest tracked email metric.
69. Personalized subject lines entice 62% of customers to open emails from businesses and brands.
70. If it isn’t optimized for mobile, 42.3% of people say they will DELETE your email.
Which of These Digital Marketing Statistics is Your Favorite?
Which ones surprised you?
Were there any you already knew?
Is there a great digital marketing statistic I should add to my list?
Let me know in a comment below!
Want to create a marketing strategy that works with your unique business… one that skyrockets your business growth and your impact? Then, join me for the ONLY business-building event where you’ll leave with a shorter to-do list than when you arrived!
I’ll be sharing exactly how to hone in on what to say, do and sell next in order to grow your business — with proven strategies that I’ve spent over a decade testing.
In fact, this is the ELEVENTH annual Live Your Message LIVE, and many students come back year after year — because the strategies keep working!
We’ll spend 3 days together virtually, working on your business and YOUR unique growth blueprint. As my premium business growth and networking event, tickets routinely go for $1,000 since the information is that valuable.
But today, your ticket is just $147! Grab your seat here.
You’ll ALSO receive your very own copy of my valuable Message to Money Pathway — your unique, highly-customized template that will guide you by the hand to your 6 or 7-figure business (regardless of where you’re starting from).
You’ll Zoom in “overwhelmed” and Zoom out with an exact roadmap for what to say, do and sell next to grow your business in 2023. Here’s the link again to grab your ticket.
See you virtually March 3-5, 2023 🙂