Facebook tools can help streamline your success on the biggest social network on the planet!
You can save hours of planning, creating and scheduling content. Hours crafting, executing, monitoring and tweaking your marketing campaign. Hours reading and responding to Facebook group comments, page comments, messages and reviews.
But how do you choose the right Facebook tool or tools for your business?
I’ve done the research for you.
Read on for 11 Facebook tools that are worth knowing for business owners and entrepreneurs. After reading, you can explore the ones you think will best serve your needs and budget.
Here’s the list (in alphabetical order)…
Agorapulse is an all-in-one social media management tool. You’ll find just about everything you need to manage your Facebook account efficiently.
Simplify your content strategy with the following features:
- Plan, collaborate and schedule content across all your platforms
- Queue content by categories
- Recycle well-performing content
- Keep all your digital media in the Asset Library
- Upload and schedule in bulk
- Collaborate with your team in the shared content calendar
Social Media Inbox gathers all messages, comments and reviews into one inbox. Other perks to this inbox include:
- Message filtering and labeling
- Saved replies
- Automated Inbox Assistant
- Real-time collaboration with teams
- Both Marketing API and Graph API
Agorapulse also offers social listening and monitoring, content recommendations, analytics and reports.
Download CSV reports or schedule reports to automatically forward to your inbox. Advanced plans include competitor analysis reports and Power Reports.
Pricing starts at $79 per month, billed annually. Try a 15-day free trial, no credit card required, or book a demo for Premium or Enterprise plans.
Buffer also aims to be your go-to for social media management.
Plan, schedule and publish content to different social media platforms from one dashboard. You can even tailor your post to each social network.
Buffer also consolidates all engagements onto one filterable dashboard. View all your unanswered comments first and address them right away. Create flags for any important questions, comments, or negative sentiments within comment feeds.
Paid plans include a dashboard for tracking, analytics and reporting across platforms. Paid users can also integrate their accounts to Google Analytics.
Buffer’s mobile app and chrome extension allow for Facebook management from anywhere.
Buffer plays nice with others too, integrating with dozens of different third-party tools. Zapier and Automate.io can integrate your Buffer account with thousands of web apps.
Try Buffer’s free plan, or test-drive a paid plan free for 14 days, with no credit card required. Paid plans start at $5 per month per channel, billed annually.
Canva is a popular graphics design tool that helps you create visuals for any occasion. Design stunning cover photos, ads, Stories, event covers, or post templates. It’s our favorite here at LYM!
Canva boasts quite a few design features:
- Thousands of templates, graphics and fonts
- PDF, JPG, PNG, animated GIF and MP4 video export formats
- Photo, video and PDF editing tools
- Text design tools
- Library of royalty-free stock images and videos
- Premium image library (Enterprise users only)
You can also upload and edit your own design templates as well as using Canva’s wide array of resources. Download Canva’s mobile app for design on the go.
Teams can collaborate on the same designs using Canva’s team features:
- Invite team members and choose access permissions
- Collaborate in real-time
- Post comments
- Share design elements and templates
- Save assets and projects with Canva Folders
Canva’s free plan offers plenty of great features. For those ready to scale, paid plans start at $12.99 per month ($119.99 if billing annually). Try out Canva Pro free for 30 days (credit card is required).
4. Facebook Business Suite
You can’t have a Facebook tools list without nodding to Facebook’s own suite of native tools.
Facebook, Inc., now Meta Platforms, Inc., is renovating its business solutions a bit.
Facebook Business Manager is transitioning into Facebook Business Suite. This is your hub for accessing and managing all your different Facebook accounts.
The following native tools are or will be under the Business Suite umbrella:
- Business Suite Insights (formerly Audience Insights): audience demographics and behavior data
- Page Insights: data such as likes, shares, follows, comments, clickthroughs, previews and reach
- Insights: the impact of each organic and paid campaign across all Facebook, Inc. platforms
- Meta Blueprint (formerly Facebook Blueprint): training, courses and certifications for Facebook marketing topics
- Facebook Ads Manager: central cockpit for all your Facebook advertising efforts. Includes:
- Facebook Test and Learn
- Split Testing
- Facebook Pixel
- Custom Audience
- Lookalike Audience
All Facebook tools are free of charge. You’ll only pay for any paid ad campaigns you create.
Heyo helps increase your engagement and grow your email marketing through fun campaigns.
Use Heyo to create Facebook contests, sweepstakes, promotions, giveaways and coupons. You can also run user-guided content campaigns and refer-a-friend promotions.
Run your next campaign on your Facebook page, across other social media platforms, or on your web page. Thanks to mobile-friendly templates, you can run them on mobile too.
Your promotional campaigns will help you grow your email list. Third-party email integrations will allow you to manage your email marketing further.
Free live training is included with all plans. This ensures you get the most out of this Facebook marketing tool.
Pricing starts at $25 per month, billed annually. This Basic plan includes 3 campaigns and 3 brand pages. You can also sign up for their 7-day free trial with no credit card required.
Hootsuite is another powerful, well-known social media management tool.
Create, schedule and publish each Facebook post directly from Hootsuite’s interface. Communicate from one inbox that combines all conversations into one thread.
Amplify is Hootsuite’s employee advocacy tool:
- Collaborate with team members from a shared dashboard
- Assign tasks
- Create pre-approval measures for posts
- View analytics and messaging
Insights is the social listening tool:
- Analyze real-time conversations to monitor brand sentiment and receive alerts when spikes occur
- Track competitor performance
- Find brand advocates
- Determine the best times for product pitches
The tool called Impact:
- Shows insights from all paid and organic campaigns
- Integrates Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics to track audience engagement
- Contains customized dashboards that help measure and prove ROI
Hootsuite’s Facebook ad manager, appropriately called Ads:
- Plan and publish paid and organic ads
- Review in-depth reports and analytics
- Customize filters
- Receive a monthly performance analysis
- View recommendations
HootSuite’s free plan covers 2 social media accounts and 5 scheduled posts. Paid plans start at $49 per month. Try the Professional or Team plans free for 30 days. A credit card is required for free trials.
If you use Facebook Messenger for business, in any capacity, look into MobileMonkey.
This automated messaging platform facilitates the following Facebook Messenger marketing tactics:
- Chat blasting
- Drip campaigns
- Messenger ads
- Mobile landing pages
- Comment guard
Manage all your communications from one multi-channel inbox. Set up chatbot auto-responses to provide 24/7 support access. Seamlessly transition customers to live support from the same dashboard.
Facebook Lead Generator automatically collects emails and phone numbers for your client list.
Zapier integration places thousands of business system apps at your disposal. Automatically exchange client info between MobileMonkey and other important workflow tools.
You can also manage your engagements on the go using MobileMonkey’s OmniChat mobile app.
A free plan is available, as well as free trials or demos for all paid plans. Plans start at $19 per month, billed annually.
The Facebook marketing tool Pagemodo aims to professionalize your Facebook page. Its design functions allow you to create standout visuals, from cover photos to posts to ads:
- Extensive image and shape library
- Library of royalty-free stock photos
- Hundreds of design templates, themes and shapes
- Photo uploading and editing
You can also create custom tabs for your Facebook page using various themes.
But Pagemodo is more than just a graphics design tool.
You can also schedule an unlimited number of posts to plan out your content calendar. Their Suggested Post tool quickly finds you great content to incorporate.
Paid Pagemodo users get a few extra perks:
- Create contests, sweepstakes and contact forms
- Create ads, use audience targeting and track performance with analytics tools
- Integrate Google Analytics
A free plan is available, as well as a 14-day free trial of the Agency plan and a 30-day, money-back guarantee on all plans. Plans start at $6.25 per month, billed annually.
Unique to Pagemodo, you can opt for biannual billing. This would place their Basic plan at $4.25 per month.
9. Post Planner
Post Planner focuses on simplifying the entire content journey. It features cross-channel post creation, scheduling and planning tools:
- An automated post calendar
- Bulk uploads capability
- Automatic recycling of evergreen posts
- Media Library for all your digital assets
- Curated content from all over the web
- Live post previews to see how your content looks on your Facebook page before you publish
Monitor your content’s performance with Post Planner’s analytics dashboard. Brand mention notifications will alert you anytime your brand pops up in conversation.
Post Planner has no free plan available, but they do offer a 7-day free trial for any plan. Plans start at $5 per month, billed annually.
Their 7-day, money-back guarantee starts after your free trial ends.
So you technically get to try any plan risk-free for 14 days.
Another marketing tool for creating Facebook promotions is ShortStack. You can build promotions to run on mobile apps, web pages, microsites and landing pages.
Build and publish campaigns using custom templates and form builders. Select from a wide variety of campaigns:
- Photo contests
- Video contests
- Instant Win
Define entry criteria and the number of allowed votes or entries for a given period. You can also program random winner selection.
Track and manage campaigns using real-time analytics:
- See who’s viewing each campaign vs who’s participating
- See demographics info on participants
- See which devices participants use most to engage with your campaigns
Email features include:
- Scheduled emails
- Auto responses
- Recipient filtering
- Unified dashboard for contest entries and emails
ShortStack integrates with a host of other tools. Connect email tools, CRM solutions, automation tools and video and audio widgets.
You can try the Business plan for free, with no credit card required. Plans start at $99 per month, with savings of 20% if you choose annual billing.
11. Sprout Social
Our last Facebook tool is Sprout Social… another major cross-channel social media management solution.
Our Content & Social Media Manager swears by Sprout 🙂
It offers a slew of content planning, creation and publishing tools:
- Post scheduling
- Asset library
- Content suggestions
- Built-in approval workflows
- Team collaboration features
Sprout’s Facebook analytics tools track the performance of each paid and organic campaign. Customize reports and export as PDFs or in CSV format.
Manage all your Facebook communications from one unified inbox called Smart Inbox. Respond to all your reviews, comments and messages from one dashboard.
Premium solutions are available as paid add-ons to any plan:
- Social Listening: audience analysis, consumer research, influencer recognition, sentiment research trend identification
- Premium Analytics: performance reports on profile, posts, tags, competitors, teams and paid campaigns
- Employee Advocacy (Bambu by Sprout Social): customizable curated content feed, performance analytics and insights
Sprout also integrates with a variety of third-party business solutions. And like many of the tools on this list, it has a mobile app.
Plans start at $89 per month per user, billed annually. You can try out any plan 6free for 30 days, no credit card required.
Which Facebook Tools Will Be Your New Best Friends?
There you have it… my list of 11 Facebook tools that should make your job (and life) easier. Hopefully, it gives you a solid jumping-off point to start narrowing down your options.
Always keep in mind, that tools will only get you so far… you need a solid strategy to really have a positive impact on your business.
Let us know once you’re in test-drive mode with the remaining contenders (a lot of these tools offer free trials). And drop a comment with which tool(s) you chose and why.
And if you’ve been thinking of potentially leaving Facebook, I’ve got 7 solid alternatives for you to peruse.
Ready to really grow your business and your impact? Then, join me for the ONLY business-building event where you’ll leave with a shorter to-do list than when you arrived!
I’ll be sharing exactly how to hone in on what to say, do and sell next in order to grow your business — with proven strategies that I’ve spent over a decade testing.
In fact, this is the ELEVENTH annual Live Your Message LIVE, and many students come back year after year — because the strategies keep working!
We’ll spend 3 days together virtually, working on your business and YOUR unique growth blueprint. As my premium business growth and networking event, tickets routinely go for $1,000 since the information is that valuable.
But today, your ticket is just $147! Grab your seat here.
You’ll ALSO receive your very own copy of my valuable Message to Money Pathway — your unique, highly-customized template that will guide you by the hand to your 6 or 7-figure business (regardless of where you’re starting from).
You’ll Zoom in “overwhelmed” and Zoom out with an exact roadmap for what to say, do and sell next to grow your business in 2023. Here’s the link again to grab your ticket.
See you virtually March 3-5, 2023 🙂