We’ve compiled this list of design, service and technology resources to help you on your path to a life and business you love. It’s taken us quite a while, along with some significant, costly trial & error to put this list together!
We haven’t included every company we could have on this list. This is because we choose to partner ONLY with companies that we know have integrity and who we trust will provide you with a valuable service.
In other words, we’ve spent the money to figure who you should trust. And more important, who you shouldn’t.
That said, I have an affiliate relationship with some of the products and companies listed below, so you’ll be buying me and Murray a nice dinner if you were to use our links below. 🙂
And if you do choose to invest in any of these services, make sure to mention our name to ensure you get the best service as a Live Your Message rockstar… 🙂
We use and highly recommend Heroic.
Heroic is a company I’ve invested in that brings an agency level of design, attention-to-detail and massive-conversion to businesses owners who want an amazing website that sends the right signals without needing to spend a lot of money.
You’ll get a huge choice of beautiful high performing sites, pages, funnels and templates to create your entire custom website at the push of a button without needing to be a techie (or even have any idea of how to create a website!)
Over the last 5 years we’ve designed websites for leading 7, 8 and 9-figure online entrepreneurs including Danny Iny, Callan Rush, Justin Livingston, Alexis Neely, Susan Peirce Thompson, Josh Turner, Sage Lavine and many more… We’re pulling many of the design elements we’ve developed for our high-end clients into Heroic for you to use… so you’ll have access to the best performing sites for coaches, consultants, authors, speakers and more…
Click here to grab your FREE for LIFE Heroic account right away
NEXT GENERATION COOL TOOLS
There’s no one “magic” tool that can do it all. That’s why we build our businesses of many sophisticated tools — each handling a different task or process in the business. And sometimes you want those tools to talk between each other, so that your systems are efficient and don’t require your time. This requires what we call API “glue” — which is a service that allows them to talk to each other.
We highly recommend the following service:
- FOMO is an awesome new tool that allows you to create instant social proof on opt-in pages, webinar pages, sales pages, or just on your website in general. When your prospects can see how other people are interacting with you, your business’ content and products, they’re FAR more likely to take action.
- Zapier is the API glue tool that we rely on to connect Infusionsoft, Goto Webinar, Slack, many, many other different services.
(Note, PlusThis was removed from this list for unethical billing practices. We do not recommend this company.)
EMAIL SERVICE PROVIDERS
As you know, one of the best ways to monetize your business over the long-term is by building your email list. There are dozens of email service providers out there.
Quick note: these recommendations are limited to email-only providers. If you have a product or service you sell online and need to take money and/or have a shopping cart, we recommend you skip these and proceed further down to the “Ecommerce” section!
Here are our top recommendations:
- AWeber – Always a solid option starting at $19/month for your first 500 subscribers.
- GetResponse – More affordable than AWeber at $15/month for your first 1000 subscribers. GetResponse is one of the only ESPs that allows you to transfer in an existing email list from another service (such as AWeber or 1ShoppingCart) without requiring them to re-opt-in or confirm their subscription.
Your own domain name is your place online. It’s a place where YOU make the rules. Where you can get your message out to the world. Here is the best service for registering your .com or whatever kind of domain you’re thinking of…
- NameCheap – We love these guys! We just recently transferred all our domains from GoDaddy and are saving up to $4/year on each domain. That really adds up when you own dozens or hundreds of URLs like we do! They try hard to please, and also have amazing, personal customer service that actually makes you feel like a valued customer. How refreshing, right?!
WEBSITE AND EMAIL HOSTING
If you’re going to project a strong, credible image, the first important signal you need to send is a fast-loading website. We have 2 options to recommend here.
- Bluehost – A solid option with good customer service starting at $4.95/month or $29.99/month for a dedicated virtual.
- LiquidWeb is our web host. This company is famous for its “fanatical” support. We were skeptical. Until we tried it that is. Our site load time went from 5 seconds to under ONE second, which is vital if you want good rankings on the search engines (site load time is something they take into account as they decide whether you deserve to be on page 1 or not.) If you want rock solid reliable and FAST hosting, coupled with support that will make you shed a tear (in a good way), then try these guys. My full recommendation if you have the budget. Dedicated hosting starts at $179/month.
YouTube – The most popular, free video hosting option that gives you the added benefit of making your videos searchable on the second largest website on earth. Of course, you can also choose to make your videos private. YouTube also integrates directly with Google Hangouts, making it easy for you to create your videos through a Hangout or upload a video directly to YouTube.
Vimeo – This is also a popular, free video hosting option that gives you higher playback quality then YouTube. You can upgrade for more storage starting at $59/year.
Upwork is the place to go for outsourcers, web developers, programmers, VAs and other workers.
99 Designs is a site where you can post creative/design projects and have designers submit concepts for you to pick from. The theory goes like this: multiple designers take a hand at your design, then you simply pick the design you like the best and progress further with that designer to fine-tune and refine. In reality, you need to buy an “upgraded” package to attract the best designers, and even then, the best designers are leaving this service because they’re sick of working for free.